Roy's FB Status- WTH???

TripleK

Long Time Member
Check out Roy's latest facebook status! What do you think this means??? Freakin' turtle poachin', cheatin' SOB......

ROY
Anyone here in Round Rock have a small fish tank we could borrow for a month to keep a turtle?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-11 AT 09:44AM (MST)[p]You have to have a Facebook account, Eel. But I posted it in my first post. He claims it's for a scout merit badge...reptile and amphibian study or something. But I suspect something far more sinister.....

here is the convo so far on Facebook....

ROY- Anyone here in Round Rock have a small fish tank we could borrow for a month to keep a turtle?
#
TRIPLEK- Why do you have a turtle for only a month? Are you turtle sitting?

#
ROY- Reptile and Amphibian Study Merit Badge for Kayson. We don't want to keep it longer than that.
7 minutes ago ? LikeUnlike
#
TRIPLE K- I think something more sinister is going on. Check MM for details.

"But I suspect something far more sinister....."

Without a doubt! Probably trying to fatten one up for hunting season.

Thanks for the heads up Jenn!

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-11 AT 09:57AM (MST)[p]OMG! Now he's sucked MY son into his little scheme!!! I just checked the facebook thread and I saw this post from MY son!!! He's recruiting our KIDS into his sick game now!

K1- this wouldn't have anything to do with TURTLE HUNTING would it Uncle Roy? if you need any help, let me know. I want IN.

I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to see whats going on here. I found this doing an online business search.

RoysFarmNEW.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-11 AT 11:59AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-11 AT 11:52?AM (MST)

http://usscouts.org/mb/mb096.asp

Then see requirement 8:

8.Do ONE of the following:
a.Maintain one or more reptiles or amphibians for at least a month. Record food accepted, eating methods, changes in coloration, shedding of skins, and general habits; or keep the eggs of a reptile from the time of laying until hatching; or keep the eggs of an amphibian from the time of laying until their transformation into tadpoles (frogs) or larvae (salamanders).

b.Choose a reptile or amphibian that you can observe at a local zoo, aquarium, nature center, or other such exhibit (such as your classroom or school). Study the specimen weekly for a period of three months. At each visit, sketch the specimen in its captive habitat and note any changes in its coloration, shedding of skins, and general habits and behavior. Find out, either from information you locate on your own or by talking to the caretaker, what this species eats and what are its native habitat and home range, preferred climate, average life expectancy, and natural predators. Also identify any human caused threats to its population and any laws that protect the species and its habitat. After the observation period, share what you have learned with your counselor.

Because of my love of turtles and my turtle hunting prowess, my son chose requirement A and wants to raise a turtle. At first I objected to this, given the dangers, but when he said he only wanted to keep it a month, well then I thought we could minimize the risks if it is just a baby. I know it is dangerous but this kid wants to be an eagle scout so I figure this will be a worthy accomplishment.

One of the reasons he chose the turtle was the recent conservational efforts in which I have been engaged.

Here are just a few of my many conservation endeavors.

http://www.turtleconservationproject.org/
http://www.texasturtles.org/
http://www.turtleconservationfund.org/
http://savetheseaturtle.org/
http://www.seaturtlefoundation.org/

I figure for every turtle I hunt, I preserve the life of at least one million more. You can say what you want - but my record is clear. I don't use decoy's (like Eel's converted Beetle) or hunt high-fence turtle areas (like Feleno and Eel's recent hunt in Louisianna to Turtle World - didn't think I would find out about that now did you??? - Word travels fast my friends) and I don't buy any "Conservation" or "Expo" tags (I hope that cashing in your wife's 401K was worth that tag you bought last week Eel - it only took her 45 years to build that little nest egg and you will probably waste it on the first legal turtle you see and then search e-bay and garage sales all over California for "real" shells and then pass them off as your own).

I have drawn all my tags fair and square. All my turtles are certified by the RASS(Reptile and Amphibian Sportsmen's Society) whose fair chase standards are even more strict than Boone and Crockett. On the other hand, Eelgrass has only ever scored his turtles with the TCI (Turtle Club International) which is notorious for its dubious standards set by the highest paying "hunters".

So yep - it appears we are going to raise a turtle, then when our observation period has ended, we will do what is best for that individual turtle and all turtles the whole world over.

As far as the poaching allegations are concerned - well my little sister has always been just a little bit jealous because our father never took her turtle hunting - which is a lie because he offered mamy times be she refuesd - so the jealousy is only obvious.

I have never poached anything EVER.

I am haunted by turtles.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Geez Roy, even your little nephew is onto you. I hope you're proud.

Feleno, I knew I'd seen that photo somewhere else. I finally remember. It was in Scientific American. The University of Texas, at Austin is doing research on TGH (turtle growth hormone). Do we know anybody associated with the University?

But I believe Roy about the merit badge thing. Perfectly logical explination.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-11 AT 08:18PM (MST)[p]All the conservation programs I have been associated with involve natural species breeding - except for this old feller - Lonsome George - the last of his kind. We have been experimenting with different mates and genetically close specimens, so far there have been many eggs laid, but zero hatches.

http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=180131991

If you look really close, you can see my shadow in one of the scenes.

Oh and Eel - about the TGH - ALL my turtles have passed every single doping test there is - not one bad test. In fact, I am probably the most tested turtle hunter there is. All negative. I was never part of that research team.

UTROY

Item 9.....Get treated for Salmonella transfered from turtle. Document all liver spots.
Record date and time of vomiting episodes.
Describe incidents of "anal leakage".....without pictures!

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

" We Breed Turtles"

Roy, I still owe you one, but still...................why would you admit that for the world to see. Luke 13:3

DC

You're right lump - but I need to remind you that I never said that I breed turtles - I just indicated that I facilitated successful turtle breeding.

UTROY

So...........you're now you're making it possible for "Us To Breed Turtles Too", mighty thoughtful of ya. How's business been? ;-)

DC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom