Ruby's

derquhart

Anyone seen or heard anything on area 10? We are heading there later this week after dad is done with his elk hunt. Hope some of weather last week got some movement or pre-rut activity?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-17-11 AT 09:38AM (MST)[p]I was up there for 10 days. Most everyone stated they were seeing dink bucks. We saw a couple nice shooters and one real dandy (180-190). With that being said, make sure to stay away from harrison pass if you want anything of decent size. There are more people in that area than there are dollar bills in a strip club.
~BaldBeaver

Harrison Pass has ease of access going north on the trailhead. Not a bad starting point for a newby. But as stated you have to hike in a bit. Try any access point on your National Forest map and hike to the top and see animals. I always hear of hunters saying, get away from the road a mile or so and you'll see animals. In the Rubys you have to go allot further than a mile. Maybe go another 3 or 4. I see guys every year on the tops of the mountains and its harder getting away from them. If you have the late hunt pray for snow and a allot of it. Theres allot of deer there and some nice ones. Have a good hunt and shoot a big one.

Thanks guys- My Dad has hunted the unit a few times. We will be camping on the Indian Res. and accessing public land from there so hopefully we will avoid some of that pressure. I don't think Harrison Pass is part of the plan.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom