Rumor has it.....

I suspect this will be a common trend over the next decade and these big suckers increase in numbers while also expanding their range. However I can't wait to see a pic if this holds true...

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

a guy from Montrose shot a giant potential state record we shall see I have a pic but cant post it without his permission. if he gives it to me ill post soon

IMG_0129_zps52vwanxc.jpg
This one whent 49" somewhere in 67 Colorado.

Talked to a g&p biologist yesterday, said the one I'm referrin to taped 57&1/8". Couldn't confirm state record but said it was a helluva moose!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-15 AT 10:16AM (MST)[p]Would someone who has permission post the pic already (I've seen a pic of this possible moose but I don't have permission)? A state record contender is going to have to be one big moose.

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-15
>AT 10:16?AM (MST)

> A state record
>contender is going to have
>to be one big moose.
>

Yes indeed....it'll have to beat this 185-incher arrowed by Tom Behunin in 2011.

I too would love to see the pic!

6738colo_moose.jpg

The guy doesn't want to post just yet but Looking at that 185" bull I don't think his will beat it but who knows I'm putting a tape on it this week!! I'll give you a rough score soon!!

>The guy doesn't want to post
>just yet but Looking at
>that 185" bull I don't
>think his will beat it
>but who knows I'm putting
>a tape on it this
>week!! I'll give you a
>rough score soon!!

the thing with moose scores though is tine length doesn't matter, just number of points. spread, palm width/length, number of points and mass below palms is all it is if I remember correctly.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

You're correct on scoring. A 185" shiras is a monster. The current any weapon B&C moose record in CO is in excess of 195".

If the moose is really 58" wide, that's a big step in the right direction.

In any case, congrats to the hunter on a giant moose!

The bull picture was posted by "Ermine" on bowsite with the following comment:

"I got this picture from Tommy Clum. His uncle arrowed this with a longbow. I hope no one gets upset that I shared. But too cool of an specimen not to share. They are thinking its above the current world record!"

Here is the pic.

00small12573093.JPG

Anybody got a link back to bowsite and that pic? 5point, same bull you were gonna tape?

I put a tape on my buddys bull and it isn't even close to state record even though it is over 56Inches. After I saw the state record bull on here I Knew it wouldn't beat it. I asked if I could post it but he doesn't want it because he is doing an article. His bull scores around 167 which does make it all time for a bow.

I could be way off base, but the pic looks a bit like the Zirkel wilderness from maybe Indepedence Mountain. Although it looks like it was driven there to take the photo as the hunter is all cleaned up and in good clothes with no visible meat in the back of the vehicle....Nice guess though!!!lol

Thanks 5point. The one I referred to in an earlier post was killed with a recurve. Someone sent me a pic but I don't have permission to post. . .

The last bull posted looks like it could be North Park area.

The drying period will come to an end soon then I suspect we'll all get a look. The bull I heard about wasn't killed in any of the areas mentioned so far. Gonna be interesting.

I took pic in my driveway. It's the Gore Range. Bull killed in South Park. Bobby is all cleaned up because he took a shower. Day after bull was killed. Officially scored at 194 Net even. 56 1/4 wide when shot 55 1/2 when scored. Smokes the current world record. That should answer most of the questions

Thanx for chimein in buckspy. Will we be readin about him in an upcoming publication? Love to hear more about him!

>>LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-15
>>AT 10:16?AM (MST)

>> A state record
>>contender is going to have
>>to be one big moose.
>>
>
>Yes indeed....it'll have to beat this
>185-incher arrowed by Tom Behunin
>in 2011.
>
>I too would love to see
>the pic!
>
>
6738colo_moose.jpg

Tom's Bull netted in the 170's, but that bull looks huge...Hope to someday be able to get the chance at one!!! Great Pic

>I took pic in my driveway.
> It's the Gore Range.
> Bull killed in South
>Park. Bobby is all
>cleaned up because he took
>a shower. Day after
>bull was killed. Officially
>scored at 194 Net even.
> 56 1/4 wide when
>shot 55 1/2 when scored.
> Smokes the current world
>record. That should answer
>most of the questions

Awesome!!!

A 170 bull is no slouch. A 194 is just amazing. Both awesome bulls. Colorado grows em big. No predators and grade A forage helps...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom