S4 Gear

B

BlacktailFreak

Anyone use there stuff ? I have rally been looking at the lockdown

I have the lockdown. For the most part I really like it but maybe a few minor tweaks in the harness could make it even better imo.

Best harness out there. Yes it keeps the dust off both sets of lenses. No tension to fight against when held up at your eyes. LOVE IT!

>Isn't very weather resistant. The
>new Sitka is much nicer
>imo.

But it isn't 3x better - $35 vs $100. There is simply no need for anyone to pay $100 for a bino harness. You are simply paying for the name with Sitka.

I have heard from a few guys that they would like the harness to be modified, and that it tends to ride high and not diplace the weight across your back/shoulders but more towards your neck like a tradition neck sling. I'll wait for them to improve on the first years model before I make the leap.

Mike

I've used the s4 bino harness for more than 40 full days this fall. I did not pay for the product, i'm only testing it out.

Here are my thoughts. . .

It's a compromise and does have some shortcomings, it does need improved. It basically is a modified bino strap with a nice, easy to use cover. It has some advantages, like you can operate it with one hand, it holds your binos secure, blocks rain and snow from getting on the objectives, holds the glasses tight to the body - well, relatively tight, it's easy to use, and lightweight . .

It does need some re engineering. It does pull too hard on the back of my neck, exactly what's it's designed not to do . . . the weight is not well distributed across the back. The cover is almost too small to cover the eye pieces across the top - 8x42 poro prism's in a light green color :) . . .

The elastic adjustable straps that hold the lower portion of the bino snug to the body, are weak, and if you run them tight, they loosen over the course of the day, the top of the bino tends to lay over or tip out from the chest so it's not staying against the body . . .

Overall it's a good first crack, it needs some improvements, but they are on the right track . . .

www.tonybynum.com

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom