Sad Sheep Picture

YELUM

Long Time Member
So my neighbor went to Southern Alaska on a fishing trip, and met a guy that did some hunting. He had these mounts in his house. Without a desert ram, it just seems to be missing something. How many hunters are so close, yet so far away from the slam, or full curl as they call it now?

Yelum

YBU

4516dscn1136.jpg

>Hey, at least he has a
>full body giraffe mount!

That's true! How many of you have a giraffe? Me neither, now that's sad! LOL

There are countless sheep on guy's walls and darn few hunters will ever have all four! There's a high degree of luck involved in getting a 'Full Curl" or "GS".... or tons of cash which would cheapen the experience for me!

Those are some GREAT rams. How could it be sad that he got to hunt 3 sheep? Also, Tons of guys drive brand new trucks but they can't afford a sheep hunt. It's all about priorities!

easy for me to say,
Zeke, Full Curl & GS #1121

I lack my desert and my giraffe.
However I do have 18 desert points so the full curl is obtainable. Giraffe isn't ever gonna happen.

NUN,
With 18 points the end-goal is attainable for sure. Good luck!

Not everyone wants to hunt sheep and not everyone who hunts a sheep has designs on killing all 4 in NA. Sheep hunting is a great experience but so is deer hunting, elk hunting, bear, moose, antelope.... you get the picture.

I think accomplishing the goal of killing all 4 NA wild sheep is getting tougher by the year (without TONS of money). The people-population is greater and because of the information age, everyone knows about sheep and they all apply whereas, a couple decades ago, very few hunters applied for sheep tags compared to nowadays.

I'm glad I got started on sheep 30+ years ago. I don't think I'd dare dream about it today. Sorry new guys but the world population and computers have made it tougher.

Zeke

Zeke..+1, Also glad I started over 30 years ago. At 1st just wanted to experience a sheep hunt, then it became an obsession.

Still may get a giraffe...LOL.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming" GS #1406

>I'm having a hard time feeling
>bad for this 3/4 slammer.
> Sad is my wall
>with no sheep mounts!

I wish my wall looked so sad!!

>Hey, at least he has a
>full body giraffe mount!

Not alotta guys have the ceiling height to pull that 1 off!!!

Sheep are special because they are rare. They also inhabit some of the most remote country in the world, which also makes them special. If they were as plentiful as deer, we wouldn't care near as much for them. So having the opportunity to take 3 of the 4 NA sheep seems like quite a privilege and far from sad in my mind.

After this fall I hope to have 3 of the 4 myself missing a Stone. I count myself very lucky and hope nobody feels sorry for me.

Zeke is right about priority. His truck doesn't even run because of a blown engine so he has to borrow his wife's Tahoe to go after his moose/antelope this fall. But he has a gorgeous full body mount of a Stone Sheep in his living room...along with the other three NA Species. Kudos to Mr. Zeke and all who are willing to pay the price.

Been stuck on quarter slammer for 10 years!!!!....;) not feeling too sorry for this guy. Each hunt needs to be relished on its own right...but with that said all the awesome experinces I have my Ram hunt and his trophy is my most treasured memory and trophy.

So this is the plan,,,,I go back overseas and put my azz on the line in Pakistan again and I am treating myself to a Dall hunt....I know a guy who has an operation so thinking if I write the story and help him drive back from Alaska at the end of the season I think I can get my Dall for a resonable sum. Then after I kill my next Bighorn in my home state of Colorado (I am back in the running after being in the penalty box for 11 years) then I apply for Desert the rest of my life and of course draw one of the 8 or so tags ( also might draw a tag from another state)....then I fiqure out a way to pull off the stone hunt...and there you have it!!!! I die a happy man!!!

But I am with Zeke also...I like all the other stuff and won't give all that up for the rarest bite at sheep

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-14 AT 04:48PM (MST)[p]So sad, Mr. Albert, so sad and we haven't done a bloody thing all day. The Rocky looks like a runt too!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-14 AT 08:43PM (MST)[p]What a great 3/4 slam. Looks like there's some room left beside the stone for a desert. I'm lucky enough to have a Colorado half slam so far. The next two will get very expensive!

I have a single Rocky Mt. bighorn, AND my giraffe! It's those other three that are so elusive. :)

2980img_3152.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-14 AT 04:57PM (MST)[p] 3 on the wall looks awesome! I will get to hunt one hopefully put it on the wall sooner sounds better then later. The Rocky, Hey Blank how is the giraffe for table fare? Bet it would feed a whole tribe! Rutnbuck

Wow and those aren't 3 dinks.....that Dall and BH were totin' some serious hornage.

These days if you can afford a Stone Sheep hunt, a Dall Sheep and a Bighorn hunt, you can probably find a way to finagle a Desert Sheep hunt to round out your set. Or at least have a blast trying.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom