sageadvice - How much snow?

Hey Dean, Lucky for us it's been too cold to snow much. This morning i awoke to about 3-4", real light stuff. It snowed off and on all day and there wasn't much more when i came in for the night.

I just peeked outside and it's still coming down pretty good, maybe an additional 4". This time of year, the snow don't stick so much, wants to melt off pretty fast. I did some service work, busted water main, out in the L.Almanor Country Club today. They had 10-12" standing from this storm. Usually the West shore gets pounded the worst but i don't know.

If it had warmed up from the teens to 28-34 degrees, we'd have had a major dump. Like i said before; we'll get plenty soon enough.

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-08 AT 10:15AM (MST)[p]Hey Joey, looks like I need to get my snow blower fired up when I come up this weekend. Hopefully we will get enough snow this season to fill the lake up.

I'm kind of shocked you guys over the hill didn't get dumped on.We have about a foot in Susanville this morning and Chester almost always gets two or three times what susanville gets. At our house in janesville(desert side) we only got about 4". Your right about cold though. There isn't much moisture in this stuff. Real Dry. Dean

Larry, Snow blower? What's that? ;-) We always get plenty enough to fill the lake. It's PG&E, i guess, that controls how much gets taken out and how fast they do it. The lake is low but i've seen it much lower. Fishing wise, i've had some of my best days when the lake is way down. Not near as pretty though. Poker at Ron's Sat. Nite. Have Fun :)

Dean, Darn, i forgot my manners to ask you how much you guys got. It does surprise me some that you have more over there. Like you said, usually it's much the other way around. I worked about 15 years for a plumbing outfit that plumbed a lotta those houses out near the big "S" in Susanville. We went over the hill most everyday rain, snow, or shine. We thought we could tell about this time of year, how many new people got hired at the prison by the amount of cars flipped over, in the ditch, or tow trucks we saw on Fredona summit. It would/could be snowing like crazy here but we'd get over the hill and it might be sunny and a nice day over there.
At least yours won't stick too long. Ours covers up past the windows and will be up to my roof line some years. No need for a ladder, just walk right on up! It gets old fast.

Take care driving!!!
Joey

Gator, you can have it bud! take it all. lol That's got be be a sight seeing all those people w/cars driving helter skelter heck bent on getting there, for the first time in a foot of snow... could be ugly!! Be Careful Gator!

We only got about a foot on the flat here. Colder than i like, got down past zero last night and up to about 18 today.

Hey, i didn't get wind of your, "was it Dakota?" hunt for pheasents and bucks with the family. I remember seeing your post last season, did pretty good as i recall, but nothing of this year. Did you go?

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom