San Antonio Area Help

archerycrazy

I just moved from Utah to San Antonio on a military assignment. I ended up missing the last two weeks of my archery deer and elk hunts in Utah. I have never hunted whitetail deer, but killing a whitetail is a goal of mine. I have been out around taking some photos of nice bucks, all within city limits. I know most of Texas is privatized and fairly expensive to hunt. Can anyone give me some guidance as to where a guy might have a good hunting experience near San Antonio without breaking the bank. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/4740dsc04600_-1.jpg

I took this photo yesterday not far from where I live.

I would contact fish and game and find out if they have a map of all the public hunting and in many states you hunt on military bases on on hunts for military only

Put in for the drawing at Camp Bullis. Big deer there and it's out on the West side of town back in behind Bass Pro Shops and the Rim. For paid hunts I'd look into the Rocksprings area. FOr other free hunting, East Tx is loaded with public land (3.5-5hr drive). Might could find some cheaper hunts out toward Hondo/Uvalde, but generally north of 90 is hill country genetics and south of 90 is your STX genetics.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom