San Juan Bear

coyoteman5

Any body have in tips or info they would like to give me for a san juan spot & stalk hunt. I'm not to familar with this unit I have been there a few times but is has been along time ago. This will be my first time bear hunting i didn't have access to hounds is why i went with this hunt. I was thinking about hunting them off water ponds but i'm not sure if this will work. What do you guys think any suggestions or starting points. The hunt is in Oct. 6 - 29

Congrats cm5!

I haven't been 'hit' with a charge for bear.

Glad you got 'hit' with a charge and are chasing a big ole bruin come fall.

Robb

Everytime I have been on that mountain I have seen multiple bears. I would be looking down low. Find the acorns and you should find bears. If I don't draw my tag this year I might be aboe to help you a little more.

Robb, I would tell you good luck but you always seem to pull a fair numbers of good tags every year. Best of luck to you anyway.

Utah400Elk are you from down there in that area? I live in central ut so it is going to cost me some money to scout and hunt. I am trying to do as much scouting as possible over the web as possible to try and cut some cost down, so any info would be helpful thanks.

Good luck to you. If you draw, maybe we'll see you down there. Drew La Sal Premium. Just got "hit" this morning.

Not from the area but I have spent a lot of time there. I live in Wyoming now. I have spent months on the blues and that is where I would start my search. PM me if you want more info...it looks like I didn't draw.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom