San Luis Valley Damage Elk

leonard

Signed up for the chance to get drawn for a damage elk hunt in the San Luis Valley. Has anyone every been drawn or hunted on these depredation elk hunts? Just looking for chance to take my son on a hunt together, lucked out in main draw for late season cow.

Call the Monte Vista CPW office. The deadline to sign-up is july 15th each year. They said hunts will be offered if there is ag damage and the landowner does not want the tags. You can about it in the regs on page 15.

There is an outfitter there (can't remember the name right now) that sells those depredation tags each year. They sell cow and either sex (maybe just bull???) tags.
Can't remember the price either but that may be an option for you.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

You're welcome, maybe palmer outfitters????? been a couple years since I looked into buying a depredation bull tag from them.
Maybe it is someone different, guessing there is more than one though that sells tags there.
Good luck.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom