San Rafael, North

E

ELKCHSR

Anybody hunted this unit for any Bull, General hunt? Looks like lots of high mesa and canyon country from the topo's and arial maps. some pretty good elevations though.

Thanks
ELKCHSR

I've hunted the area just East of Moore and on what is called Ceader Moutain on a couple occasions. Lot of country out there with few elk. Stoped hunting out there after UDOT put up 8' fences to keep wildlife of the highway between Emery and Fairren. The 8' fence pretty much elliminated any animals migrating across the road from the Manti side.

400bull

I spent one day out there looking around when I had an any bull tag. I no some of the locals use to tag out, but I don't know where. Your in for some tough hunting on the any bull units. I have had some success on them. I think if I do it again I will try the Uinta's.

Cant go wrong with the Uinta's. The are gorgeous and hold a ton of elk, but halloween is a little early out there, it's quit the pumpkin patch, get off the roads and you will have the best hunt of your life. Me and the old man both tagged out last year, i shot a 320 six by six and my dad killed a spike on the last day after passing on some rag bulls early in the hunt. we saw bulls everyday we hunted!

San Rafael is a tough hunt unless you know a local land owner. A lot of the locals that still hunt up there will follow a track for days to find what animals are left on public. I wouldn't waste your time. Better places to chase elk in Utah.

I just want to be friends.

The purpose of the hunt to begin with was to remove the elk peroid--for a while the DWR even said as much. The first few years were pretty good, mostly on private ground near the top of Cedar Mtn. There were some nice bulls killed and a number of them had double main beams on one side. I don't know what's left for elk out there now since I haven't been there in 10 years. The last I saw were 3 cows and a calf near Buckhorn about 1998.

Had a buddy go on the antlerless hunt down there a couple years ago when it was new. I believe the dates were even during the rut. He didn't see a single elk.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom