Savage 110 .270

D

dutch

I am looking at one of these to buy at a pawn shop. A couple minor dings here n there but a good looking gun for elk hunting (although it is a little plain looking). who has owned one of these, I assume it is a good gun being a Savage, has a 3x9 scope on it for $300.00.
What do you guys think? Would you look for something else in the .270 caliber?
Thanks

Dutch, that Savage might be abit plain, but I'd bet it's a shooter. Savage rifles shoot real well, right outta the box. I'd check-out the action real close, the barrel and if your satisfied, BUT-IT !! Just my .02 worth. ;-)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-03 AT 10:07AM (MST)[p]Buckrub,

This is just a "heads up" if you look right a the bottom of the window with your message in it you will see the word Edit, you can go back and make changes to your post within 1 hour.
It happens quite abit but no big thing, just wanted to pass alone the info.

Brian

Savage's are good shooters but the price tag of $300.00 is a little high for my liking. I bought a 270 110 savage with a detachable mag about 3yrs ago for $160.00 here in Denver. You would do good to get the same rifle at Walmart for $329.99 I think including a scope. It is a good rifle but you should be able to get the price down at least $50.00. Good shootin Jovan

I own a Savage 110, very ugly gun! It shoots 1" groups @ 100yds with my handloads. Not bad for a ugly gun!

Well, I went to Wal Mart, same model and everything (except synthetic stock which I'm not real crazy about but since it is for my son when he gets older I'll live with it). New Simmons 3x9 scope, $345.00! I guess I haven't shopped for rifles in a while, pawn shop is way too high!!!
Thanks for your help guys.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom