Savage or Pro hunter

MJ

I am thinking about buying the ML-II. I have not shot anything but my 20 year old TC Hawken.I want to buy this gun or the Encore pro hunter. I have a ton of points and I hope to use them to finally draw a tag.Which would you buy and why??? Thanks

You would be very happy with the Savage, there is very little talk here about that muzz but I love mine.

I am leaning towards the thumbhole laminate ML-II. I have 15 deer points,I hope I am lucky this year.

I got a Pro Hunter this year,took it out to site in. 150gr Triple 7, 348 gr Powerbelt. Sited in at 25yds. 50 yrds, 100 yds and 150 yds. Never touched the sites, shoots about 1 3/4"high at 100 yards, dead on at 150 yards. Easy to clean, lite to carry. Good gun , can't go wrong. Also you can get standard rifle barrels for it.

Your choosing between two excellent guns. I have a ProHunter and my buddy has the Savage. Both great guns. For the money and ability to shoot almost any kind of powder and projectile, I think the Savage would be a great choice. I'm a barrel nut and shoot more calibers than I can list here, so the ProHunter is a good choice for me, but very expensive! Both are well made and should last a lifetime with proper care. Good luck!

Fist, I've got a Thompson Triumph and love it, killed many deer and antelope with it, out to 300 yards. Excellent, light, accurate, dependable. But I considered trading for Pro-hunter for ability of different calibers, but they are pricey. Also though of trading for savage, as it seems to be superior Muzzleloader, for the ability of shooting smokeless with possibly better trajectory. Not that I'm not satisfied with my gun, as its lights out out to 250 yards, 300 is possible, but a flatter trajectory would make same ranges eaisier. If it were me, and I were doing over again, I would go for pro hunter if I wanted a versitale fun gun to hunt with different calibers also, and the savage if I wanted the best muzzleloader. I've never shot a Savage ML, but the ability to do smokeless can't be a bad thing, and may be great. Either one will amaze you, expecially coming from a classic Hawken.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom