Savage Stiker Questions

MEANTTOBBUCK

My father has a pacemaker in his right shoulder which prohibits him from shooting right handed. He has shot right handed for 77 or 78 years. I have seen a Striker and I thought that might be the answer. Could any of you tell me about this gun? Recoil and accuracy.
Thanks MTB

I answered one question that I had. Savage does not make the Striker anymore due to poor sales. I guess I will need to hunt for a used one.

I own a Savage Striker in 22-250 caliber and my girlfriend and I use it for HAM (Handgun-Archery-Muzzleloader) javelina hunts here in Arizona.

I have a 4X scope on it. We have taken pigs out to 167 yards with this gun. I use a Harris bi-pod on it when we hunt with it. Makes the gun a little unwieldly, but really helps on the shots.

It is super accurate and recoil isn't real bad in this caliber.

You might have a tough time finding a used gun, especially in this caliber, but I think other calibers are available. If I were shooting one with more power, I'd try and find one with a muzzlebrake.

Hope this helps.

Don Martin

Hello, I believe I talked to you the other day in person about my Savage Striker .243.

I believe it has the recoil not much worse than a .22Magnum...with the muzzle brake. I had a stroke in July and the doctor said I could still go to Wyoming in Sept. but no recoil.

I found my Striker... on http://gunbroker.com/ it has a 14" fluted stainless barrel with muzzlebrake and a laminated thumbhole stock... I shot a buck Antelope with it using my Harris Benchrest bi-pod laying prone at 251paces... the GPS said it was around 245yards... I hit the lope once in the lungs and it ran about 45yards over a small rise. Man-o-man was I happy!... I had hunted the second season hard in Wyoming and was on my 3rd day in the rain trying to get close enough to a buck for a shot... then I started for camp a mile away and was trying to get past some range horses when this buck snorted to my left and way up in the sage hill. I had a lot of trouble getting the animal found in my 2-6 Simmons scope but when I finally did the gun shot just like on my range backhome.

Also you have to sandbag or use your backpack for the rear of the pistol if you want to shoot well past 100yards. Mine will group 4" at 200 with Factory Federal ammo in 100gr.

I hope you can find the Gun you're looking for. Because I know you wanted one that held more than one shot. This one holds 3 shells and the left handed bolt didn't bother me like I thought it might.

Have the trigger lightened if you have the chance it's well worth the time and money.

330-Trapper

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom