Schnee Hunting boots?

P

PAHunter68

Schnee 13" Hunter II
Anyone use these? Are they good for Western style hunting? I need a good rugged boot for Colorado, Montana etc... Something I can walk in for miles and miles and miles...

Eastman's tout them on there show...

Thanks,
PA

I've learned much from the fourms. Keep up the good work.

You might consider the Lowa Sheephunters that Schnees also sell. I have a pair of similar, but uninsulated, Lowa Tibets for hunting Coues whitetail here in the Arizona mountains, and find them sturdy and comfortable.

RR

PAHunter,

I have a pair of the 13" Hunter II's. They fill a niche in my hunting equipment, that is when it is really cold and deep snow. The do not hike as well as a good pair of insulated hiking boots. They do hike MUCH better than a pair of Sorels or other pac boots. They are not a boot for all around hunting situations like dry and rocky. One of the really nice things about Schnees is you can remove the felt/thinsulite liner and put in a dry one for when you are hunting multiple days. I've always had trouble getting my insulated Danners to dry overnight when tent camping in cold weather even with a stove in the tent.

A good addition to your gearbox.

BeanMan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom