Score Contest #26 (Penalty)

• Thread starter monarchtaxidermy
  • Start date
LAST EDITED ON Jun-11-11 AT 10:22PM (MST)[p]1-169
2- 150
tot:319
i dont like this penalty stuff makes me nervous
feel like i am on the price is right

Tried to edit my post due to a brain fart, but it wouldn't let me edit after 300 minutes since the original post. You'd think after some of the original posts about math that a guy would make sure of his numbers before posting, doh!

I some how added 20" in my final number.

Should have been

Left Buck = 168 2/8"
Right buck = 143 6/8"

Total = 312" instead of the 332"

Buck #1 170
Buck #2 152
------------
TOTAL 322

I'm coming for that #1 downhill

LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-11 AT 08:29AM (MST)[p]Pines n tines you still added it wrong lol.

(#1) 171 1/8 (#2) 150 2/8 = 321 3/8

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-11 AT 12:15PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-11 AT 12:13?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-11 AT 12:10?PM (MST)
delete message I don't know how to get this one off.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-11 AT 08:52PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-11 AT 08:51?PM (MST)

Buck 1---177
Buck 2---152

Total----329

Thanks, Trix

I'm going to be out of town on business the next few days so I'm not sure when I'm going to get the results posted. I'm going to go back and re-read the rules a couple more times to make sure I get it calculated with the penalty as well. Lot's of folks with penalties on this one, including me!

On first glance it looks like downhill and theox are going to stay at the top.

I re-read the penalty again and I'm not going to be hurt by it too bad. I was 1" off on the overall + my penalty will have me off by 11" which is alot better than the last contest. If there wasn't a penalty and I had to go with my true score on each buck individually instead of combined I would have missed it by 10" or so, so the penalty really wasn't too horrible. I would have sure liked to just go based on the overall and have been off just 1" though!

I think I'm just going to tally the score on the overall and then add a column for penalty inches beside it and hard key in if you were over on either buck. For the folks that were over on both bucks it is going to be a big miss!

I ended up inputing each score individually and having the spreadsheet calculate the total and the penalty points.

It is more important than ever for everyone to double check me on this contest as there were twice as many opportunities for an input error plus there were several comments and corrected scores mixed in as well that I had to sort through.

There were a few addition errors that I went ahead and corrected, if your total number doesn't match up to what you entered you might double check the math.

Here's the unofficial official results.

MM_Score_Contest_Week_26_Page_1.jpg

MM_Score_Contest_Week_26_Page_2.jpg

MM_Score_Contest_Week_26_Page_3.jpg

Let me know if you see any errors.

Thanks, Nathan

It was pointed out that I got bigmoosie's score wrong on buck #2. Looks like I keyed in the score from the person in front of him. That is going to add about 20" to his score with the penalty so he's probably going to drop a few places in the contest. I'll try to get the updated spreadsheet posted before too long.

If anyone notices any other errors please let me know.

Thanks, Nathan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom