Score Contest Overall Winner!!!!

npaden

LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-11 AT 11:15PM (MST)[p]This is still subject to any changes or corrections if I made a mistake entering in a number on these last two contests, but hopefully these are the official numbers.

I had to make this one a little larger so it would be readable at all so sorry if you have to scroll back and forth to read it.

Congratulations downhill, you hung on!!!

MMcontest2011.sized.jpg

Here's a link to the full sized image if you can't read that one.

http://padens.com/v-web/gallery/mmcontest/MMcontest2011?full=1

With all the twists and turns and the penalties there at the end I thought Trix4me might catch him, but he was still 1.75" short.

piper was the huge mover going from 29th to 5th!

I'll save my commentary for later, I'm going to bed now, it's after midnight here in Texas.

Congratulations downhill!!!!

I didn't play the contest as much as I would have liked , but I must say you did one heck of a job keeping track of all the scores . You invested a lot of time and effort in this deal , aand I just want to say Thanks for all you did .

WAY TO GO DOWNHILL!! CONGRATS!!!!

Had a great time following this one.. THANKS CURTIS!!! THANKS NATHAN!!!

RE: WAY TO GO DOWNHILL!! CONGRATS!!!!

I didn't play, but I have to say that it must have taken an unbelievable amount of time to process all those numbers to do that for the guys! It just shows how great the members are on this site and I'm glad to be associated with all of you. Job well done pardner!!!

Interesting numbers

LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-11 AT 08:27AM (MST)[p]Okay, I'm in a conference today so I can spend a few minutes going over some of the final numbers.

First number that is interesting to me is that over the course of the contest there were 372 different folks that entered at least one contest.

Just 39 folks entered all 15 contests, another 14 entered all but 1 contest, 15 folks entered all but 2 contests, and 9 people entered all but 3 contests for a total of 85 people who were technically eligible for the grand prize.

Doing the math that means that 287 folks entered in at least one contest but weren't eligble for the grand prize. 134 of those folks just entered 1 contest, 50 entered 2 contests, and 21 entered 3 contests. 82 people entered between 4 and 11 contests and were fairly even distributed.

Massaging the numbers a little differently, I sorted them based on the average difference without dropping any scores. I still kept the minimum number of contests at 12.

Doing it that way, DaneA wins with mevertsen coming in 2nd, downhill 3rd, Trix4me 4th and sniper14 5th. Of course that's not quite fair because both DaneA and mevertsen didn't enter contest 27 which mathed out as the most difficult contest with an average difference of 61.397".

Another interesting thing was that Trix4me was able to take 2nd even though he missed a contest. If you gave him the average of the differences on the contest he missed (Contest 19 - avg diff was 15.234")he would have counted that score instead of having to count his miss of 31.875" from contest 26 and he would have won the overall contest by almost 15".

piper was the same way. He missed probably the easiest contest of all (antelope - contest 20 - avg diff 2.784"). If he was able to count that score instead of his miss of 18" in contest 25 he would have knocked 16" off his score. That would have moved him up to 3rd.

Ranking the contests in order of difficulty based on the average difference of the guesses they go as follows.

Contest 20 - 148 entries - avg diff 2.784"
Contest 15 - 139 entries - avg diff 5.149"
Contest 16 - 168 entries - avg diff 8.101"
Contest 17 - 168 entries - avg diff 8.792"
Contest 23 - 139 entries - avg diff 10.679"
Contest 18 - 174 entries - avg diff 11.623"
Contest 21 - 132 entries - avg diff 12.910"
Contest 24 - 125 entries - avg diff 13.280"
Contest 19 - 175 entries - avg diff 15.234"
Contest 26 - 107 entries - avg diff 18.159"
Contest 22 - 155 entries - avg diff 20.306"
Contest 29 - 111 entries - avg diff 37.230"
Contest 25 - 116 entries - avg diff 37.378"
Contest 28 - 107 entries - avg diff 41.697"
Contest 27 - 92 entries - avg diff 61.397"

Most entries on any contest was 175 on contest 19. Least entries was 92 on contest 27. The average entries for the first 10 contests was 152, it dropped off quite a bit on the last 5 contests with an average of 107 for the last 5.

Oh well, that's my first run at the numbers behind the numbers.

Only other thing I may check on is how it would have scored out without the penalties, but that will take longer to figure out.

Nathan

RE: Interesting numbers

Interesting on the numbers. Too bad I didn't enter the last 3. I just plain forgot. Oh well.

Marcial

RE: Interesting numbers

LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-11 AT 09:31AM (MST)[p]Way to rub it in npaden. I scored the velvet buck in #19 and thought that I had entered a score. Being technically challenged I must have hit the wrong button. Afterwards I had the feeling that it would come back to haunt me. MY FAULT! Still a great time. What would I do with a BOW anyway. Because of a shoulder separation playing football, I haven't drawn a bow in 35 years.

Thanks, I thought I blew it after reading the scores of those bucks. I originally had them even higher at frist glance, glad I rechecked them and dropped them down a bit. Very decieving bucks. It's been a blast!

>Thanks, I thought I blew it
>after reading the scores of
>those bucks. I originally
>had them even higher at
>frist glance, glad I rechecked
>them and dropped them down
>a bit. Very decieving
>bucks. It's been a
>blast!

Geezus...what a sore looser!! :p

~Z~

Whoo hoo! I didn't take last place! Too funny. I second guessed myself too much - should have went with my first guesses a lot more. Came close a couple of times - it was fun. Thanks for all the hard work npaden and monarchtaxidermy.

Can't wait for next year.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Downhill are you going to give the new bow to BearCats friend? I think thats only fair since he was cheated out of the prize in HAC last year. LOL.

Congratulations downhill !!!
Now I'm left with accepting the agony of defeat

Thanks again monarch and npaden for all the work you put into these contest.Its been fun having something to look forward to in the off season.I hope we can do it again next year.

congrats downill!!!

well ever since that big 300 inch non-typical i have been doing horrible and dropped off so, little disappointed in my self.

Thanks a ton guys, This was alot of funny and helpful at the same time, Really enjoyed the contests. Thanks again for all the hard work putting these on. Maybe the one next year will be of this years deer and elk by MM members. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Thanks guys for the congrats.. It was fun, I was just lucky and barely hung on over you guys. Best of luck to you all during this upcoming hunting season/seasons....and again thank you guys for putting the contest on and keeping track of the scoring.

thanks monarch for taking the time to do this and post pictures. and thanks napden for keeping scores. hope to more of this in the future.

even though I took last, I did good untill they started all the penatis and extra animals, and all that stuff. ohh well, I am acually suprised I had enough scores to be eligable, i thought I had missed more than that.

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom