Score opinion

wyo33

anyone have an opinions on this bucks score?
IMG_1946.jpeg

IMG_1957.jpeg

IMG_1949.jpeg

I'd think he's pushing 80 if not there. He looks like a mature goat with a big body and head. It would be nice to see him compared to other bucks in the herd.
My son almost got fooled on a buck like that until we were able to see him next to some other bucks. His head and body were much bigger than the other bucks around him but by himself, he looked much smaller. He ended up scoring 85" and my son almost passed on him.

I think he's a shooter wyo33

couple more, he’s the only buck with 8 does. thanks for the insight.

The extra views help. I may actually lower an inch or so. 76-78". Again a great goat that many would call bigger. That is a shooter in most wyoming areas that guys would quick tape at 80" around a campfire. Official score I don't think he makes it though.

My gut check on him is high 70s, but he could grow as you walked up on him depending on just how big his body/head actually are. It would be very surprising to me if he grossed smaller than 76-77"

Mid-70's. No length and short prongs, IMO. Depending on the unit, I'd keep looking.

Maybe I'm not seeing what everyone else is, but I'm not seeing anything too special there.

I agree I see 75 ish with an honest tape.

Mid-70's. No length and short prongs, IMO. Depending on the unit, I'd keep looking.

Maybe I'm not seeing what everyone else is, but I'm not seeing anything too special there.
It's all perspective. A 75" antelope is a really nice buck and is well above the average harvested. Most of us are very close on score, just have different opinions on what a great antelope is.

For fun, here are my low end estimates
Length 14"
Mass 18.25" (Low D2 measurement)
Prong 5.75"
76 inches
I don't think he scores below this and could be a tiny bit better.

Pictures can always be deceiving, so we are all just guessing. I would love to see a front on view to determine how rounded his horns are as opposed to being bladed. From the last going away picture the right horn looks round at the base and not bladed. If that is true you can add an inch or more to the base which compounds all the way up. His horns look much wider than his eye socket which is another positive sign. I'm still seeing high 170's or beyond.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom