Score

deepforks

so, i'm not a lope hunter but i came across this good buck last week on my bull hunt here in idaho and had to get a picture. just curious if anyone can give a rough score. guess it may be a bit difficult with just a frontal view. i know if i had a tag i'd shoot him!

6898004.jpg

Tough to tell from just that one pic but he looks to have decent mass and good height. Probably mid 70s at most.

I don't know about score with just this pic but he's a young buck. Probably only 11 inches tall.

I gotta agree with Marley.
He doesn't really look all that long or heavy to me. My experience is antelope are hard to judge, especially from only one view and sometimes you have to look at many before you really find one that stands out. Last year my son and I looked over literally hundreds of bucks before finding the monster that he shot. And even then, we didn't think he was all that good until we got up on him.
Nice picture! Any animal that tickles your fancy is a trophy in my mind.

I have shot many many many goats and would not have ever pulled the gun out of the scabbard ever for that buck. Just a juvenile. He needs time to grow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom