Score?

GoatT

What do you all think that this buck wil score? Better to score him Typical or Non? Just want to know if he will make P&Y.

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

I think typical is your only option. I would say he is in the 145-155 gross range, but then you have to subtract those kickers, which would be a bonus for me, but will hurt your net score. I believe 145 net is the minimum, so it is gonna be close. There is only one way to know for sure. Get it scored and let us know. Go to Boone & Crocket online and you can enter measurements and it will total it for you. You will get the net score. To get the gross, you will have to add the kickers. To get an officail score that can be entered though you would have to strip that velvet. Either way, regardless of score he is a nice buck with a neat look. Quite the summer coat on him.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-09 AT 07:01AM (MST)[p]He must have 12.5" of abnormal points to qualify for the non-typical category......and as stated, it has a higher minimum score of 170", so I agree typical would be your only option. With that being said, he might make the minimum even after deductions. Hard to tell with only front view shots. Also the velvet does NOT have to be stripped......P&Y accepts velvet entries in ALL antlered species.

Just remember, he's a NICE buck.....regardless of score!

BOHNTR )))---------->

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-09 AT 07:41AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-09 AT 07:39?AM (MST)

He is an incredible buck, biggest I have taken to date with my bow. I wouldn't wish anything better. The whole thing turned out to be one of the best archery hunting experiences I have ever had and would never change anything....except how far I was in. That 4 mile pack out was brutal!

I was just curious if he would make P&Y. I measured and came up with a rough 160 1/2" with the cheaters so it will certainly be close. I got a nice elk on a general season DIY OTC tag that made P&Y and wanted this buck to make it just for kicks. I didn't see the part about needing to be 12.5" of abnormal points for NT. Sorry about no side view. The only one I have is this one...

IMG_2899.jpg

Actually the minimum for P&Y is 145" net typical, 170" non-typical.......there is no minimum difference for velvet vs. hard antlered.

GoatT:

If you were closer to me, I'd officially measure him once the drying period was complete. But I don't think I can meet you "half way" to measure him. :) Let me know if you need assistance locating an official measurer in your area.

BOHNTR )))---------->

My bad on the velvet stripping. It makes sense that it does not need to be stripped in order to be accepted by p&y beings many seasons are during velvet times with archery and muzzy. Thanks for the correction: Fly4fish

Thanks Roy, I have someone that lives real close that is an official scorer. I will take it to him once the drying period is up. The antlers are being freeze dried right now.

Great job! I agree with the others, you will be right around the minimum, but right around the maximum for your experience.

Great buck. Especially for archery. Just one question. Where is your goatee? 1shot1kill.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom