Scored more Prime for the Weekend

Blank

Long Time Member
Right place at the right time! Scored on a reduced price package of Prime tenderloin filets for $12/lb and an amazing tri-tip package for $6.88/lb. Have not run into Prime tri-tip before, but look at that marbling. Marinating it for Sunday, and will eat the filets tonight. Some asparagus and a baked potato, and the girls will be happy-happy tonight!!

6712A30A-E3E8-4E32-A022-5A7C945C9454_1_201_a.jpeg

C687D32B-1284-4AE6-9202-A077F87BC6CC_1_201_a.jpeg

2D11A385-9BE1-4651-A254-80C2B6D8E40C_1_201_a.jpeg

EVO, soy sauce, Worchestershire, lemon juice, garlic, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, thyme, ground black pepper. YUM!!

Blank, I thought it sacrilege to marinate a fine piece of meat? Personally, I never subscribed to that thinking, but was curious.

That marinade sounds similar to my deer jerky marinade (less the thyme/rosemary/lemon) and a couple of additional spices.

Depends what it is, and how tough the meat cut is. I like to marinate tougher cuts like tri-tip, round steak, petite sirloins, and will even do those budget Choice NY steaks. The important thing is to get a little acid going to break down the tougher fibers.

Your right tho, never marinate things like Rib-eye, T-bone, Porterhouse. They don't need it. I just wiped the left-over spices on these filets and they are not marinating in any liquid.

Those are some good looking tri tips! They are best kept whole though. I normally seal them in a Vacuum seal bag and let it age in the fridge for a few weeks. It’s amazing how tender they become. Remove and season and grill.

Yes, I just chunked these into 4 big pieces to get into that huge Tupperware bucket easier. A lot of people just don't know how good they are. I laugh at my Texas friends, cause they don't cut them much down there, and label them California Sirloin!!

Depends what it is, and how tough the meat cut is. I like to marinate tougher cuts like tri-tip, round steak, petite sirloins, and will even do those budget Choice NY steaks. The important thing is to get a little acid going to break down the tougher fibers.
A while back I experimented a bit with pineapple for tenderizing.

It needs to be FRESH, tho, not the canned stuff. I bought a whole one, peeled it & cut it into large chunks for the blender. Since you dont eat it, no need to be fussy about removing all the 'eyes.' I basically made it into a chunky puree, then froze portions in ZipLocs. Application is ssimple. Lather it on the meat & leave it sit for about 30-40 mins. Then remove the pineapple, rinse the steak & cook it.

It works but I always forget to do it. :ROFLMAO: Plus, I bought the needle thingie since then.

I'm a tri-tip hoarder. I see it, I buy it. Cant have enough! Delicious cut. Over the past few years I've started cutting them out of my elk and antelope too. The antelope is better than the elk IMO. I prefer cooking them directly in a mesquite fire for that bold hard seer. Then wrap in foil and cook to 125°F. Seasoning is kept simple with evoo, garlic, kosher salt, and black pepper.

I'm a tri-tip hoarder. I see it, I buy it. Cant have enough! Delicious cut. Over the past few years I've started cutting them out of my elk and antelope too. The antelope is better than the elk IMO. I prefer cooking them directly in a mesquite fire for that bold hard seer. Then wrap in foil and cook to 125°F. Seasoning is kept simple with evoo, garlic, kosher salt, and black pepper.
I always cook them over an open red oak fire also.
I highly recommend vacuum sealing a whole beef tritip and keeping it in the refrigerator a minimum of 2 weeks. Flip it every 3-4 days. It’s an amazing difference in tenderness.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom