SE Idaho Heavy horned 6x5

Pcjr21

This may not be the widest buck I have ever killed, but it is the heaviest buck I have ever killed. 5 days of nothing and than we killed 3 bucks in one day. I worked hard for this one! Buck scores in the mid 170's NT. Idaho has been good to us! Thank you Idaho for some of the best hunting memories.

SE Idaho Heavy horned 6x5 38in of mass

5452image.jpg

1809image.jpg

Love the eye guards. What do you think is the bucks age? Tell us about the hunt.

"GPS means every man can have a $500 reason not to
ask for directions." Red Green

The buck was no doubt old. I had to cut the brains out to transport it home so when I did that I cut out the lower jaw. His Teath were ground down and he had Teath all the way back to the joint of his jaw. The body was not very big I would say smaller than most bucks in the area.
He was in a spot that I killed 3 bucks, 3 years in a row in the same spot. All with in a 30 yard area. The spot is unique because the presser is what pushes the bucks into the spot. It's right on a timber line and 2 different saddles drop into this spot from 2 big timber canyons. When hunters are poundting the timber it tends to move the bucks in to this spot. One of The other bucks I killed In This spot was very old also 4x5 28 7/8". To get to the spot it's not an easy hike and most of the time I don't make it to the spot more than 2 time a season because it is hard to get 2. I've hunted there 4 times and have counted 3 bucks over 170. The bad thing about the spot is you have to shoot 400-500 yards because of the shape of the boll. My buddy want to come with me because the season was not going good and wanted to change his luck. When I spoter my buck I had trouble making his horns out because they were so dark and he was right on the timber line. I was able to get 517 yards away and shot him in the neck on the first shot. I was shooting for the shoulder but the 15 mph winds were not helping. When I did 3 more bucks jumped out and my buddy shot the best buck. We cut them up and 4 of us packed them down by 1pm. Then we went up with my other 2 buddy's to another spot at 4pm and shot a buck so we did not get back to the trucks tell 8:30pm that night. This is the hardest I have ever hunted. 6 days in row walking I the dark for 1 1/2 hrs to get to our spots. Ive been told that where we hunt does not produce big bucks and I have not seen any bigger. I've been told there are some good ones killed every year but never see pics. I have met a few locals that are very active hunters in the area and they impressed with the bucks we get. They beleve that there are very few 180" bucks in the unit and I'm guessing they would know. It's been good to us, but everyone there says we are getting lucky. I thought this year we were going to run out of luck but on day 5 of 6 we got a good buck. It's hard to leave a spot where you get 2 170+ bucks in 3 years with a tag you can get every year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom