Seeing bucks!?

bowhunt3r4l1f3

Any of you peeps out there seeing bucks on this muzzy hunt? It's been a dead zone for me and everyone I've talked to! I hiked 26 miles in the first 2 days glassing my azz off and found one 2 point! Areas where I normally see 10-20 bucks per day. I cannot figure it out. My only guess is they are waiting till the last 5 minutes of light to even move around for the day. Mornings I haven't even seen a deer! Evenings I've been seeing doe and fawns starting to move around the last hour of light.

What's everyone else been seeing?

Coming home from work tonight in Mt. Pleasant ,about 4:30 , I had 3 bucks cross the road just before Fairview. 2 were small and 1 about 20". 3 or 4 days ago had 2 bucks I. My field behind the house, both 4X4 low 20s. Also been a nice bull hanging out down the road a PEICE. Have a buddy with a tag watching him. I have 0 big game tags.. If I had a tag probably wouldn't see chit.

>Any of you peeps out there
>seeing bucks on this muzzy
>hunt? It's been a dead
>zone for me and everyone
>I've talked to! I hiked
>26 miles in the first
>2 days glassing my azz
>off and found one 2
>point! Areas where I normally
>see 10-20 bucks per day.
>I cannot figure it out.
>My only guess is they
>are waiting till the last
>5 minutes of light to
>even move around for the
>day. Mornings I haven't even
>seen a deer! Evenings I've
>been seeing doe and fawns
>starting to move around the
>last hour of light.
>
>What's everyone else been seeing?

Tough SOB here as Well!

Early Snow Storm here didn't Help!

Weather Screwed with Us/Deer Every Day!

Back Me Off to 1,700 Yards,650 is a Little Close & I'm Not Comfortable with it!

A GUT SHOT at 1,700 Yards will Still Make Some Good BRAGGIN Rights so I Can Say I At Least Hit Him!

90087hankjr.jpg

>It would help to know which
>unit you are speaking of?
>

Just asking in general about how it is going across the state. Not asking for any spots or nothing. I know where they should be. Just ain't seeing em.

I seen a lot of average bucks and a few really good bucks. Alot less younger bucks. As a dedicated hunter I have one picked out hopefully he sticks around for the rifle hunt

We used to see about 20-25 bucks a day the last few years it has dropped a little bit this year my god it's been tough found one great buck and not many bucks at all period.

>We used to see about 20-25
>bucks a day the last
>few years it has dropped
>a little bit this year
>my god it's been tough
>found one great buck and
>not many bucks at all
>period.

They are probably hiding out with all those 350 bulls that disappeared on you

>You obviously didn't glass enough if
>ya walked 26 miles

My thoughts too. It's supposed to be a deer hunt, not a death march. :D

97172deliverancebanjo.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-17 AT 03:36PM (MST)[p]Spent quite a few days between bow-hunting myself and on the muzzleloader hunt with my son this year.
Saw lots of deer but there seems to be a shortage of yearlings this year. Most years we see some everyday, this year I saw one yearling 2 point all year.
Wasnt too surprised as I saw quite a few dead fawns on the winter range.
Definitely going to be missing a year class of deer for the next few years. Hopefully a bit better winter for them this year.

hunted the muzzy season on central mtns manti. up on n skyline mainly. it was very bleak as far as buck go. saw a few small bucks on private but only one spike on public ground. weather and road conditions didnt help but still covered a lot of ground with very little deer sightings.

My friend had the mid season wasatch elk tag. I was actually impressed with the deer and the quality of some of the bucks we seen.
The elk, not as impressed!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom