Seeking Wyo points partner.

I know one thing. Odds are with the OP killing the biggest buck. If you are comfortable with that, go for it. Probly has the next one scouted and will leave you in the dust. mtmuley
I’m willing to bet the OP will have 3-4 180-190”+ bucks found, or more… whoever he puts in with will be hunting big bucks. Probably bigger than they have ever killed.

Leicabucks #2 buck would make dreams a reality for most guys.

Wish I had a pile of points, I would be in..
So this buck was killed by one of my group…..by far the best buck anybody took that year. 197” typ. I was there for the shot and the pack out. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_5356.jpeg

That thing looks photoshopped. What a buck! Too bad his left front doesn't match his right. Can't believe I just typed that. LOL
Funny thing, I told the guys that’s just a good solid backup buck…..get it killed. That’s a rare occasion when they grow after the shot.

There is no doubt in my mind that anyone lucky enough to join Lieca on a hunt will have a great time in monster muley country that is capable of producing 190+ bucks just about any year. It may be tougher conditions with fewer bucks in recent years but you never know.

It doesn't get much better being accompanied by someone that has several years under their belt and intimately is aware of where top bucks are found, access, glassing points, buck habits and movements, and has spent quality time during the summer scouting.

In my eyes, you will get a lot more attention from Lieca than an outfitter that has quite a few clients to satisfy over the hunting season. A guided hunt is also limited to maybe 5 to 7 days. The season in G is super long and you can take as much time as desired to find a buck that you are satisfied with. I have just as much fun scouting prior to the season. My guess is that Lieca would be glad to have who ever applies with him accompany him on a scouting trip or 2.

I've been fortunate to accompany numerous point average antelope hunters over the years. It's always good to have finer details worked out prior to your hunt. Some of the guys I've hunted with have harvested bucks a chunk larger than mine. Several hunters were super picky and harvested B&C bucks while others were excited with smaller bucks.

One of those hunts stands out more than others. I found a great pronghorn buck with exceptional mass and prongs. I asked my buddy if he wanted the buck? I told him if he didn't shoot him that I would! I think that got his attention because he shot the buck. It ended up scoring 85+B&C! It was one of those bucks that gets bigger the closer you get up to him!

I really think point averaging is a great thing. If done with the right hunter. No one is taking advantage of anyone. I really think it is a win-win for both sides.

I usually put in at least 2 or 3 scouting trips which is nearly impossible for most nonresidents that live miles from Wyoming. I'm not sure how much time and fuel I spend scouting but it's a lot! As mentioned earlier, all the hard-earned past experience and knowledge about the unit and trophy critters is also being shared with those that point average.

I guess I would put a lot more value in sharing a quality experience hunting with someone with local expertise and knowledge than the value of pref pts sold to an outfitter for a discounted hunt. Who knows how much attention you will be given on a guided hunt when the outfitter has high paying clients paying a premium price and returning year after year? Which hunter do you think will get the most attention and be guided to the biggest bucks or bulls?

It's exciting to share hunts with fellow hunters from across the country. Several of my experiences with point averaging hunters have resulted in lifetime friendships!

"I guess I would put a lot more value in sharing a quality experience hunting with someone with local expertise and knowledge than the value of pref pts sold to an outfitter for a discounted hunt. Who knows how much attention you will be given on a guided hunt when the outfitter has high paying clients paying a premium price and returning year after year? Which hunter do you think will get the most attention and be guided to the biggest bucks or bulls?"

My exact statement on another thread where an outfitter is offering anyone with 12 points an elk hunt for $995.

You are spot on with hunting with someone that has way more knowledge about the animal, habitat and access. It is invaluable if it is an area that you can hunt a few times over your hunting career.

Guys....G&H ain't that tuff. Gotta be in good shape. Gotta have some time. Unfortunately, long range gunning is alive and well in that country. Practice your shooting. Scouting helps a lot, like any non migration hunt. Find bucks in the alpine early. If they move its usually due to pressure and you can sometimes find em a tad lower in the trees. If not, move to the next basin. Gotta have good glass. Day hunt or go on quicky 3 day backpac shots. Lay off the 150 bucks...bout it really. If you need your hand held, give your points to Founder or LB.If not, hire a dirt bag outfitter.My points are not for sale.

Guys....G&H ain't that tuff. Gotta be in good shape. Gotta have some time. Unfortunately, long range gunning is alive and well in that country. Practice your shooting. Scouting helps a lot, like any non migration hunt. Find bucks in the alpine early. If they move its usually due to pressure and you can sometimes find em a tad lower in the trees. If not, move to the next basin. Gotta have good glass. Day hunt or go on quicky 3 day backpac shots. Lay off the 150 bucks...bout it really. If you need your hand held, give your points to Founder or LB.If not, hire a dirt bag outfitter.My points are not for sale.
Noted.

So how does one make sure this guy follows through with his commitment to help a feller out for point sharing...because once the application is submitted and tags are in hands, he can ride off in to the sunset with you in his rear view mirror telling you to pound sand and nothing you can do about it.

So how does one make sure this guy follows through with his commitment to help a feller out for point sharing...because once the application is submitted and tags are in hands, he can ride off in to the sunset with you in his rear view mirror telling you to pound sand and nothing you can do about it.

He wouldn't do that, just look at all his bucks and posts! He's given recaps of some of his hunts with others and posted pics!

At some point you got to take a man for his word. And in life you have to take chances. Failure to do either leads to missed opportunities and a boring life.

So you can sit there and think of all the negatives or you can go hunt big bucks. Your choice.

Knowing the area where a big buck lives is valuable. Believe it or not there's not a big buck in every basin. If a guy has time to scout this offer probably isn't for him. I would wager there are plenty of guys with points, who don't have time to scout but who also don't want to hire an outfitter.

Here's The Deal Gorilla!

There's Still Such A Thing As A GUY'S WORD!

I've Never Shook liecabucks Hand!

But Hopefully Someday I Can!

I Know lieca Well Enough That If You're Gonna Go hunting With Him You'd Best Have Your Sshitt Together!

You'd Best Be In Top Notch Shape Physically & Mentally!

The Best Hunting Anywhere Can Wear You Down!

lieca Hunts Some Of The Same Kind Of Country Me & My Son Like To Hunt!

It Ain't Easy & Never Has Been!

If You Take A Buck Doing What lieca is Doing & Where He's Doing It,It's Earned!

A Word Of WARNING For Anybody Even Thinking About Venturing Out With lieca On A Deer Hunt:

You'd Best Be In Top Notch Physical Shape!

His Style Of Hunting Isn't For WUSSIES!

You'd Best Plan On Giving Your All Right Up Until The Last Minute Of The Last Night Of The Hunt!

There's No GUARANTEE In Hunting,Never Has Been & Never Will Be,The Deer Herd Has Been Going Down Hill For 50+ Years!

You'll Be Hunting One Of The Last/Best Places Left!

And Even At That,The Area Has Took A Hit!

Best Of Luck To All!

lieca Will Give His All & Yes He'll Wanna Try & Harvest The Best Bucks He Can For You & Him As We've Always Known Him To Do So!

I definitely could do that, it’s still America under JB rule or however you see it. However, if I totally dick’d a guy down from this place, what would the future hold for me?

if I totally dick’d a guy down from this place, what would the future hold for me?
the next guy. after all you wouldn't need to worry about the guy you dixked for another 12 years before you ask him if he wants to share points with you again :LOL:

I have 18 points. I require 6 full course meals a day, and will need you to pack my snack pack if we venture too far from the road. You can have my points if you carry a size 16 dutch oven, a tub of butter and a 50 lb sack of taters to spike camp. Just leave me there and you can shoot my 190" buck for me, and pack it back to the cook tent. I'd prefer to stay in a nice cabin in Smoot.

PM me if interested serious takers only.

Here's The Deal Gorilla!

There's Still Such A Thing As A GUY'S WORD!...
No doubt Liecabucks is a stand up guy but life happens and a lot can change between now and the hunt.

In general I would say point sharing between strangers on the internet without monetary compensation has a fair amount of risk.

It also introduces an interesting dynamic when it comes to sharing info/hunting camps when both parties have a tag. The natural incentive for both parties is to have the other person kill the 2nd best buck. Where as if you pay for a guide service, then both parties have the same incentive for the tag holder to kill the best possible buck.

So I would suggest the best approach is to charge money for the points that are shared and use that money to pay for a guide service to hunt your tag.

No doubt Liecabucks is a stand up guy but life happens and a lot can change between now and the hunt.

In general I would say point sharing between strangers on the internet without monetary compensation has a fair amount of risk.

It also introduces an interesting dynamic when it comes to sharing info/hunting camps when both parties have a tag. The natural incentive for both parties is to have the other person kill the 2nd best buck. Where as if you pay for a guide service, then both parties have the same incentive for the tag holder to kill the best possible buck.

So I would suggest the best approach is to charge money for the points that are shared and use that money to pay for a guide service to hunt your tag.
Meh.

All I can say is my son and I are sitting on a small fortune in points in three of the categories.... Elk Deer and Antelope
How old are you? What is the reasoning behind saving up so many points? Is it that you are looking at Wyoming as a trophy state and are looking at only playing the points game once? I'm just curious.

Absolutely correct on life continually changing. Hire a guide, dont hire a guide, ask for money in exchange for points or whatever a guy feels is the right thing to do In his scenario. In my eyes, all are valid points and my offer might not work for some. Take a look at what most western Wyoming guides are killing in recent years and tell me you’d want to book a hunt there.

How old are you? What is the reasoning behind saving up so many points? Is it that you are looking at Wyoming as a trophy state and are looking at only playing the points game once? I'm just curious.
My son and I have been putting in waiting for my retirement so that we could go to Wyoming for a couple of years and hunt some of the best units.
From what some are saying on this thread it appears it was like putting money in the bank.
Then last year the big winter kill the year we were going to go so we decided to wait for a few more years.
I'm 68 my son is 45 so we can wait a little more. My son and I have points in Wyoming Utah Nevada and Utah so we will try to draw another hunt.
Yes one and done on elk deer and antelope in each sate except Utah where I'm from we try to hunt there when we can.

My son and I have been putting in waiting for my retirement so that we could go to Wyoming for a couple of years and hunt some of the best units.
From what some are saying on this thread it appears it was like putting money in the bank.
Then last year the big winter kill the year we were going to go so we decided to wait for a few more years.
I'm 68 my son is 45 so we can wait a little more. My son and I have points in Wyoming Utah Nevada and Utah so we will try to draw another hunt.
Yes one and done on elk deer and antelope in each sate except Utah where I'm from we try to hunt there when we can.
Understandable.....I was just curious. I hope you guys draw the unit you want and have a blast.

Hey Wiff!

Don't Forget To Tell lieca You Require 2 Dozen DUNFORDS A Day!

I Hate To Have lieca Have To Deal With You When He Gets Back To The Tent At Night & You Haven't Had Your Daily Dose Of DUNFORDS!

I have 18 points. I require 6 full course meals a day, and will need you to pack my snack pack if we venture too far from the road. You can have my points if you carry a size 16 dutch oven, a tub of butter and a 50 lb sack of taters to spike camp. Just leave me there and you can shoot my 190" buck for me, and pack it back to the cook tent. I'd prefer to stay in a nice cabin in Smoot.

PM me if interested serious takers only.

Well this thread has been lets say…..entertaining. At a time of year when things get slow its nice to see a thread pick up some traction. I’ve been on MM since the beginning(back when there was one forum), but don’t post a ton on here anymore. Anyway I’ve hunted with Leica recently and thought I’d throw my experience out there.

I first contacted him in the Spring of 22 to get his opinion on status of Wyoming mule deer herds as it was obvious he knew his stuff. He let me know his opinion and then shared he did the point sharing thing if I was interested, no pressure. I called and talked to him and could tell right away he knew a ton about killing big mule deer, he was the real deal. Got a good vibe from our conversation and he was totally flexible, we talked about expectations and how things would play out. So I took a chance and put in with him. I felt good about my decision but obviously was a little nervous about how it would play out in the months to come especially since killing a big mature mule deer had been a lifetime goal of mine.

Leica is a man of his word and did everything we agreed on upfront. I helped pack out that 197 buck too. In the end I had to grind it out and ended up with a beautiful mature buck that was smart and took about 4 days to seal the deal on. I saw amazing bucks and took home a buck that is one of my greatest trophies, even though he scores less than the 197 buck, I was on cloud 9(and still am).

Hunted with Leica again last year, numbers and quality were definitely down significantly. He had busted his butt in scouting again and still had turned up some dandies but the hunting conditions were very tough and in the end I did not fill that tag.

If point sharing isn’t your thing, then its not but I can’t see anyone being disappointed if they choose to go this route.

respect.jpg

wyoming 22.jpg

Well this thread has been lets say…..entertaining. At a time of year when things get slow its nice to see a thread pick up some traction. I’ve been on MM since the beginning(back when there was one forum), but don’t post a ton on here anymore. Anyway I’ve hunted with Leica recently and thought I’d throw my experience out there.

I first contacted him in the Spring of 22 to get his opinion on status of Wyoming mule deer herds as it was obvious he knew his stuff. He let me know his opinion and then shared he did the point sharing thing if I was interested, no pressure. I called and talked to him and could tell right away he knew a ton about killing big mule deer, he was the real deal. Got a good vibe from our conversation and he was totally flexible, we talked about expectations and how things would play out. So I took a chance and put in with him. I felt good about my decision but obviously was a little nervous about how it would play out in the months to come especially since killing a big mature mule deer had been a lifetime goal of mine.

Leica is a man of his word and did everything we agreed on upfront. I helped pack out that 197 buck too. In the end I had to grind it out and ended up with a beautiful mature buck that was smart and took about 4 days to seal the deal on. I saw amazing bucks and took home a buck that is one of my greatest trophies, even though he scores less than the 197 buck, I was on cloud 9(and still am).

Hunted with Leica again last year, numbers and quality were definitely down significantly. He had busted his butt in scouting again and still had turned up some dandies but the hunting conditions were very tough and in the end I did not fill that tag.

If point sharing isn’t your thing, then its not but I can’t see anyone being disappointed if they choose to go this route.

View attachment 136016

View attachment 136017
Nice buck! Congrats!

View attachment 136016

View attachment 136017
That was a heck of a cap to that season! You made a great shot too!

Everything besides me killing your buck is doable. You In then?! 🤣
In all seriousness I burned my points two years ago in G. Hunted with my Dad, heck of a good time. He hunted G a lot back in the early 90's with one of his buddies. Back then you could hunt it every year. His buddy had rigged up a "prototype phoneskope" probably one of the first digiscope adapters invented. I remember as a kid watching their footage on old vhs tapes of big muleys up in those basins they would find. I dreamed of returning back there with my Dad. We made it happen on an old, horse bodied buck in a basin they hunted 30+ years ago. The buck had a huge body and a broken nose.

Good luck getting back up there it's always fun to see your posts.

In all seriousness I burned my points two years ago in G. Hunted with my Dad, heck of a good time. He hunted G a lot back in the early 90's with one of his buddies. Back then you could hunt it every year. His buddy had rigged up a "prototype phoneskope" probably one of the first digiscope adapters invented. I remember as a kid watching their footage on old vhs tapes of big muleys up in those basins they would find. I dreamed of returning back there with my Dad. We made it happen on an old, horse bodied buck in a basin they hunted 30+ years ago. The buck had a huge body and a broken nose.

Good luck getting back up there it's always fun to see your posts.
Yes! It’s about the memories first and foremost! A big buck just fuels the passion.

Last edited:

Hunted with Leica again last year…
Very cool, congratulations!

I’m hoping to do some of this myself. Curious how you are able to do it in both 2022 and 2023 for WY deer point share. Are you able to only use some of your points to share in 2022 and then share the rest in 2023?

Leica, if I were capable of a tuff hunt I might take you up on this, I am not. How many points do you need a partner to have? My hunting partner is more capable. If I can talk him into leaving me behind

Based on what I've seen this winter... good luck finding a monster buck. But..if anyone can find one, I don't think you could go wrong with Clint!

Leica, if I were capable of a tuff hunt I might take you up on this, I am not. How many points do you need a partner to have? My hunting partner is more capable. If I can talk him into leaving me behind
Unit dependent of corse but a minimum of 10 to start in the right direction. PM me if you would!

I wouldn't hesitate to share points and I have never met Leica. Points themselves are worthless. The hunts they get you are what it's all about. Whether 1 point or 25. Burning 20 points for a two point unit is not stupid if the experience is good one.

If any aspiring NR mule deer hunters want a better than average chance to harvest a mature muley, Clint’s your guy.
The dedication and persistent nature he shows for a 15 day hunt is almost unparalleled to anything I have personally seen in the hunting world.
Let alone the 2 months preceding the hunt. Someone will be lucky…

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom