Sell or not ??

rutnbuck

Long Time Member
Thinking about selling my .44

If you had an orginal Colt Walker .44 !!! Not Italian Made in great condition would you sell it? If so how much? Help me out here guys!!

Rutnbuck

With only 1100 being made you have a great historic firearm . Not sure what the value is , but I would have a hard time parting with that one .

I will go $102.50 plus throw in four half used AA batteries from the Wii controllers.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Rutnbuck on a serious note you may want to try the owner at Ashmens Pioneer Market in Fillmore , Utah . I think of his first name right now , but he has been on that pawn stars tv show . I have bought some guns from him and called him on the phone with other questions . Super nice guy and he is really in to those old guns .

If that doesnt work I will bump up the bidding to $120 , since every body else is bein cheap .

Hey Rut!

If you get 800-900K out of it are you takin any Friends on a Huntin Trip?:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Sure I would take them if they didn't charge me to much to be my friend. Now Bess you on the other hand I would make an exception. You would make me look good! Just think we could have our picture taken together! But I don't know if I could get a Kitchen Pass to go hunting!! This morning I told the girl friend that it looks like she wintered well and that is when the fight started.

Rutnbuck

Thanks Foundation. I hope you didn't think I owned a Colt Walker. I was just asking if you had one would you sell. My .44 is a want to be Walker.
Now I feel better

Rutnbuck

Damn it Rut!

I've got a Wanna-Be also!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

?as effective as a common rifle at 100 yards and superior to a musket even at 200.?

Hell - that is better than my .06!!

$150.00

Burnin' up don't know just how far that I can go, soon be home only just 4 downs to go, I can make it I know I can! You broke the boy in me but you won't break the man! I can see a new horizon blazin' on the Mile High. I'll be where the eagle's flyin' higher and higher! Gonna be your man in motion, all I need's my Broncos team take me where my future's lyin' Tim Tebow's Fire! GO BRONCOS!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Seriously though, I have an aversion to selling firearms unless I know I am going to replace it. If you like the .44 but just want a different model or even caliber - and you plan on getting another one, then go ahead. If you are just going to sell it for dinero, well I wouldn't.

Burnin' up don't know just how far that I can go, soon be home only just 4 downs to go, I can make it I know I can! You broke the boy in me but you won't break the man! I can see a new horizon blazin' on the Mile High. I'll be where the eagle's flyin' higher and higher! Gonna be your man in motion, all I need's my Broncos team take me where my future's lyin' Tim Tebow's Fire! GO BRONCOS!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Well, I was going to be absolutely amazed if you really did, with only 1100 being made and around 200 or fewer still in existance.

Rut...I have been wanting to get into blackpowder for a while and cash is tight so I was going to see if you would be interested in trading that hand cannon for my .45 Luger. It's a lot of fun to shoot but I can't find any mags for it and it goes through shells like water. Oh well...

You should sell it to Whiz...You can collect the cash from the sell and keep the gun. It is a win-win situation. He is likes a good scam so I'm sure he would not mind if it worked out that way.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

> Hunterfool you
>earn your name well.
>What ever gave you that
>thought.
>
>Rutnbuck
You said that you have a Walker and then you say you have a wanna be Walker? If it was a ligitimate Walker you would be looking at some serious cash.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-12 AT 08:59PM (MST)[p] That is freaking funny LMFAO

Rutnbuck

by Outdoor Life Online Editor
A pristine, corrosion-free Colt Walker .44 black powder revolver (ca. 1847) sold at auction in Fairfield, Maine to an unknown bidder yesterday for $800,000 (plus a 17 percent auction commission).

The sale reflected the most ever fetched for the model, of which fewer than 170 are believed to exist. It was also the highest price ever paid for any type of Colt firearm.

The black powder cartridge pistol was sold with the original powder flask, issued at Vera Cruz to Private Sam Wilson in 1847.

The gun?s owner, Montanan John McBride, 80, said he decided to sell it at auction because his family had no interest in historic firearms and wanted to use the proceeds to purchase property. The gun previously belonged to McBride?s great-great uncle.

?It was a painful decision,? McBride told the Kennebec (ME) Journal newspaper. ?The family would rather have land than pistols. I can understand that. I don't necessarily agree with it.?

A spokesman for the auction company?s firearms division said the price commanded for the pristine Colt was all about condition. There was not a spot of rust or oxidation on the massive, 9-inch barrel--or anywhere else on the gun.

?This is a military gun that normally is found in relic condition,? said Wes Dillon, ?What we are seeing here is a unique opportunity in the gun-collecting world.?

Known as one of the most powerful handguns in history, the original Colt Walker had an overall length of 15.5 inches and weighed approximately 4.75 pounds. It held 50-to 60-grains of black powder and shot a conical 220-grain bullet or .44 cal. roundball.

By comparison, the original .45 Colt cartridge used a 250 grain bullet and 40 grains of powder. The Walker stood alone in repeating handgun ballistics superiority until the introduction of the .357 Magnum in 1935.

Only about 1,100 Walker pistols were made during a short production run in 1847. Its namesake, Capt. Samuel Hamilton Walker, a war hero who fought in the Texas-Mexico wars, collaborated with gunmaker Samuel Colt to create a pistol suitable for the Texas Rangers and the U.S. Dragoons.

Capt. Walker wrote in 1847 that the gun was ?as effective as a common rifle at 100 yards and superior to a musket even at 200.?

Besides the fact that relatively few of the pistols were manufactured in the first place, a contributing factor in the scarcity (and value) of the Walker Colt today is that many of the guns were damaged by mis-loading. When it was introduced, few men had ever seen a revolver--much less shot one--resulting in burst cylinders and the accidental firing of all six chambers at once.

Don't sell.

I sold one gun when I was newly married and have regretted it many times since.

I now have a strict no selling policy when it comes to guns.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom