Semi-Auto help

Moosestock

I have a BAR Browning 7mm Rem Mag that I got for my High school graduation present in 1971. The old girl has been an awesome rifle and has downed close to 100 Deer,Elk and Bear over the years but she is definitely getting worn out and I have been told that by the gunsmith that has kept her going the last several years. My question is to you semi-auto users out there....What is the semi-auto make to get now? I know or at least have heard that Brownings aren't what the old Belgium's like mine were. Is it the Browning,Benelli or Remington? I am an old dog and want to get the Semi to last the rest of my years. Also, the 7mm Rem Mag has been a super caliber and now most of my hunting is glassing and long range shooting for deer and elk. I would appreciate your opinions on the make of semi and caliber you would choose to reach out that possible 500/600 yards. I currently shoot 150 GR federal premium Boat-Tails and they have served me well. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...........Les

I'm a bolt action guy myself but if I were you I'd get on Gunlist or Gunsamerica and find another Belgian BAR 7 mag. there's lots of them out there in mint condition , maybe even step up to a higher grade if you want something a little different. probably all the new autos are good but I doubt they're any beter than the old Brownings.

What he said....there are a lot of older rifles out there that haven't been shot much. I have a BAR .270 that shoots great. However, I use a bolt gun for most of my hunting now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom