Semi Precious Junk...

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Thru the years, i've picked up some neat old items because i liked them. Always though, deep down i hoped that one day, i might have something worth a pretty penny.

This guy didn't know what he had but it changed his life!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9cGlS05233Q?rel=0&iv_load_policy=3

Thanks to NickW for sharing this with me, a feel good story, for me anyway!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

That's nearly brought tears to my eyes.

I love stories like that.

I couldn't be happier for the guy and his wife. I think it's great when, just ole normal folks, hacking out a living, get a windfall. I'll bet he takes good care of every dime too.

Congrats to the auction folks for getting the right buyer in the mix.

Sage, I hope one of those "treasures" you've got hid up turns into a bucket of gold coin too.

DC

Thats pretty cool. They probably paid about 8 bucks to the Indian for it.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

That's an Indian Artifact!

If they don't get it returned to the Owner/or the Tribe I'm turning them in!

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

Great story.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

I've always wanted one but never found one for 8 dollars or $800, for that matter. Was offered a beauty 5' x 7' 30 years ago for $300 by some travelers, out of money (she said). I told her it was worth 10 times that much but she claimed they were in need of gas to get home. I told her to go see if she could get more for it else where and if she couldn't, I'd give her $300. At around 4:30 that afternoon she came back and said she'd take three hundred dollars. I ask her to go get her husband's drivers license, so I could make a photo copy of it, in case I needed to get in touch with them, should someone show up and claimed it belonged to them. She said, ok, and head out the door.

She never came back..................... jigured she must have got a better offer while she was getting her hubbies ID....

DC

HOLY MOLY WOW.........WHAT A GREAT STORY !! I HAVE A BLANKET IN STORAGE THAT LOOKS THE SAME. I WLL HUNT IT UP............................YD.

Great story! I lost it when it went a million over what he thought he might get. Incredible!

I keep telling my wife that my junk is semi-precious, but she still won't touch it. Guess I am going to have to threaten her with an auction.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

'Semi precious junk' I thought this had to do with 1911's operation.

And it was a cool story.

Great story!! Too cool!!!

I do have my semi-precious junk,collectables,old timey stuff.
I knew the little blanket I have stashed safely away, with some old prints, was worth a bit.
Not near that big a blanket or the near the quality.My ex does tho, and she knows it. She's a weaver herself.Bought it for 5k.

I have a whole wall of old western/farm relics in my shop. I know there's nothing of real value there, but I think old stuff is kind cool in an artys-fartsy kinda way.

The 7 year old neighbor kid was over last week and came out in the shop with my son to get the 4 wheeler out. He asked what all that stuff was up on the wall. I told him it was my cowboy collection. He looked it over for a second and then told me "That's no cowboy collection. That's a collection of JUNK!".

Kids tell the truth I guess.

Give up a picture of that wall of treasure ForkWest, clearly, you need an other opinion from a different physician (aka Dr. Campfire)!

You know what they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

When the neighbor's kid is your age, he'd have his pile of junk too!

DC

Great story, JUNK is the best stuff, This new crap is worth hanging on a wall.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom