Senate Bill 2433 sponsered by Obama

RELH

Long Time Member
Do any of you have any knowledge or facts concerning Senate bill 2433 that may have been sponsered by Sen. Obama and backed by Sen. Biden and other members of Congress.

I just got a e mail from my cousin in Nevada concerning this bill and am wondering if there is any truth to it's ramifications.

In the e mail it stated that the bill would require the U.S. to increase it's foreign aid funds by $65 Billion dollars per year and the funds would be payable to the U.N. under the title of " The Global Poverty Act". This is an increase on top of what we already pay out in foreign aid.

Some of the other obligating factors of the bill is the following:

1. Creation of a U.N. International Criminal court having the power to try and convict American military soldiers without protection of the U.S. Constitution as they have now in a military trial.

2. A standing U.N. Army forcing U.S. troops to serve under U.N. Command.

3. A gun ban on all small arms and light weapons, which may repeal the Second Amendment if the U.N. is allowed to force this as they have been wanting for a long time global wide.

4. Ratification of the "Kyoto" global warming treaty.

This bill is supposed to have passed the House and is before the Senate and the Senate Subcommittee of Foreign Relations appoved this plan by a voice vote with no discussion. Sen. Joe Biden sits on this committee.

If this is factual, I do not know at this point, it is very disturbing what the future may hold for us with this bill and following the U.N. mandate.
If any of you have any facts, bring them out for discussion.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-08 AT 05:59PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-08 AT 05:57?PM (MST)

"House does a Senate bill pass in the house first?"

Nope.... A Bill originating in the Senate, designated SB-XXXX, gets assigned to committee in the Senate where it is discussed then voted on. It then goes to the floor for discussion by the Senate on a whole and a vote or if there are changes after discussion it goes back to committee. Once it clears the Senate it goes through the same process in the house and if / when approved it goes to the president for his sign off.Bills originating in the House, designated HB-XXXX, start there first...... Terry

this is politics as usual, I bet RELHs cousin is from Elko. I listened to Obama on meet the press this morning and he tells it like it is, thats great but it drives the far right crazy, that was a talent Bill had also

C'mon guys.... RELH was just asking if there was any truth to what he had heard. Anyone who has read it will agree there is nothing in the Bills text to indicate anything out of line. are there any riders to this Bill?.... Terry

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-08 AT 06:46AM (MST)[p]Interesting, I just pulled this from the question and answer section for this Bill;

What does this legislation say about gun control? Could this be an attempt to legislate gun control without much publicity? - Show 9 Answers

A1: If passed, this legislation passes the authority to ban small weapons from the US government to the UN. If and when the UN demands enforcement, it would be mandatory for the current President and governing body to enforce it within the US borders. This would stand unless the current wording and intent of the legislation is changed or rejected. [Answer submitted on Nov 3, 2008 6:52 AM]

A2: The Millennium Development Project also includes an elimination of all small arms which means all your guns. [Answer submitted on Nov 3, 2008 7:37 AM]

A3: A link to the specific part of the Millennium Development Project which requires the "elimination of small arms" would be helpful, as would a link to the specific part of SB2433 which requires the US to cede its sovereignty to the UN. I can find no such reference in either the bill of the MDP [Answer submitted on Nov 7, 2008 4:38 PM]

A4: 55/2. United Nations Millennium Declaration

"To ensure the implementation, by States Parties, of treaties in areas such as arms control and disarmament and of international humanitarian law and human rights law, and call upon all States to consider signing and ratifying the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.

To strive for the elimination of weapons of mass destruction, particularly nuclear weapons, and to keep all options open for achieving this aim, including the possibility of convening an international conference to identify ways of eliminating nuclear dangers." As you see there are two separate objectives one for disarming the people and one for disarming countries. A reading of the rome statute clearly indicates the ceding of sovereignty to the UN. This would also result in the loss of constitutional protections we enjoy in the US. [Answer submitted on Nov 8, 2008 2:58 AM]

A5: S.2433 The Global Poverty Act does not have anything to do with gun control. This bill does not address gun control in any way. As stated in the above answer: Gun control issues are part of the UN Millenium Declaration (not a US authored or approved or agreed upon declaration). If the United States passes our S.2433 bill, it is addressing only the Global Poverty issue of this UN Millenium Declaration. The United States doesn't loose constitutional protections by agreeing to have a plan that is yet to be determined by the President. This bill is not in any way an agreement by the United States to agree to all points of the UN Millennium Declaration. What this bill actually means: "OK United Nations, the United States agrees to address this one portion of your UN Millennium Declaration by agreeing that our President will come up with a plan towards the 2015 timeframe addressing Global Poverty." Seriously, that is all - not loosing our rights, ceding sovereignty, or even establishing a serious dollar amount. This is only step one of something we committed to help with, along with other countries. Half way into the proposed timeframe, we are saying "OK, we'll start putting together a plan now". [Answer submitted on Nov 13, 2008 4:06 PM]

A6: After reading the text of the millenniem declarations.... and carefully considering I agree with A4 try to hide it in UN speech all you want .... thats the bottom line. [Answer submitted on Nov 15, 2008 4:00 PM]

A7: Gun control issues are part of the UN Millenium Declaration (not a US authored or approved or agreed upon declaration). If the United States passes our S.2433 bill, it is addressing only the Global Poverty issue of this UN Millenium Declaration.

It is my understanding that S.2433 and the UN Millenium Declaration are joined. To participate in the global poverty program requires signing the Millenium Declaration. That being the case, gun control is not far behind. If you find anything to the contrary, please post. [Answer submitted on Nov 16, 2008 9:19 AM]

A8: "To take concerted action to end illicit traffic in small arms and light weapons,

especially by making arms transfers more transparent and supporting regional

disarmament measures, taking account of all the recommendations of the

forthcoming United Nations Conference on Illicit Trade in Small Arms and

Light Weapons."

--from UN Millenium Declaration

When you give the UN the authority to "disarm regions" there is nothing to stop them from disarming YOUR region. [Answer submitted on Nov 30, 2008 6:16 PM]

A9: In re: S 2433 - I would venture that less than one tenth of one percent of all adult Americans even know this little debate is ongoing. Such is the cross we "nattering nabobs of negativism" bear before the overwhelming mass and momentum of a duped and blissful public. [Answer submitted on Nov 30, 2008 7:24 PM]

Any more words of wisdom Piper. I told my cousin in Nevada what your comment was. Her reply to you is two part. 1. No she does not live in Elko. 2. You struck her as being one of those liberal gay persons that live in las Vegas. I had to clean up the "gay persons" part since she used the common street name.

RELH

RELH, I like your cousin in Nevada. Still not sure about your cousin in CA though.:)

Eel

President Obama and Congress should leave gun rights alone. It's above their pay grade.

RELH glad to hear your cousins not from Elko, so do you or her really think its possible that a bill that says there will be a standing UN army that forces US troops to operate under their command? is that a blanket statement? you know does it cover all circumstances? are we going to have a one world order? is the UN going to take my guns away? Im sure you are older than I am and we are both going to die of cancer or some other unbelievable rotten painful process long before any of these things happen, so like the book says "dont sweat the small stuff and its all small stuff"

Piper, at this point I can not say one way or another, but it is something that we should keep our eyes on. If you want my honest opinion of the U.N., I do not trust their intentions and their global schemes of running the intire world.

eel, My cousin is also one fine hunter. Her best muley has a spread of 36" and she is one damn good shot. Not from the hillbilly side of the family. Darn fiery redhead Irish from the Mooney side of the family.
Piper would last about one minute with her before she gave him the boot down the primrose path.

RELH

RELH,

Love the IRISH, I do since I am part Irish and other side Scotch/German...........and a redhead to boot, yea.

Brian

Kilo;
Are you single? she is and not bad looking either and if you served during Nam, should be about the same age. You just might become related to Ransom and I!!!!!!!!!!!!

RELH

this is the same bill i referred too when saying we would have red snow dotted with blue helmets maybe it was on P.M.
gotta love oboma and his flunky they are willing to give our constitution away to the U.N.
huntin dude and the others are two blind to see whats going to happen.
the excuse he won't have time is bunk.
this is exactly why we have the second amendment.
everyone needs to stand guard of our Constitution it is our Bible as a nation. any thing it states shall be the primary purpose as a American citizen and we should be willing to fight to uphold it.
if you feel a he will not walk all over it you are naive he already has its the only record he has and biden too.
this nation IS made up of 3/4 fools they would vote in Satan if he ran against bush

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom