• Brad Wilson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trent Staggs

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have not made my mind up yet.

Really does it matter? The Republicans have no chance against your lady.
I mean with her qualifications and her great wisdom Utah is lucky to have such a great candidate.
Oneye has adds all over Richfield
"VOTE FOR CAROLINE GLEICH SHE WILL ADD TWO YEARS TO YOUR LIFE AND SHE WILL SAVE ALL THEM INDEGIONOUS PEPOLE THAT LIVE ON THE WASATCH FRONT"

I have not made my mind up yet.

Really does it matter? The Republicans have no chance against your lady.
I mean with her qualifications and her great wisdom Utah is lucky to have such a great candidate.
Oneye has adds all over Richfield
"VOTE FOR CAROLINE GLEICH SHE WILL ADD TWO YEARS TO YOUR LIFE AND SHE WILL SAVE ALL THEM INDEGIONOUS PEPOLE THAT LIVE ON THE WASATCH FRONT"

I’ll be voting in the primary just like you.

But Oneye a vote for Caroline is a vote for them marginalized groups.
Are you a racist?
I've said many times I don't just vote for Democrats, you just assume that. I'm glad Caroline is running, the state absolutly needs opposing points of view, and it's good to have political discourse, instead of unquestioned political activism.

My thoughts on the 3 GOP contenders....

Staggs isn't a serious candidate, but if he ended up the nominee, I would vote for Caroline. Staggs is running the 2nd dirtiest campaign of all time in the state just behind Phil Lyman for Governor, who is blatantly hateful and racist about daily on his twitter feed.

Wilson, he just the plain establishment Utah GOP guy that the local party essentially anointed our next Senator without Utahn's having a voice in that yet. He essentially was given a Senate position until people pushed Curtis to run. There was actually some fairly heavy pressure put on Curtis by some to stay out of the race and remain in the House. Which at first he appeased to when back in December he announced he wasn't running. Then ads started getting cut telling him to please run, and he jumped in crushing Wilson's anointment. Wilson is a real estate guy who has used the legislature to help his personal interests. He also oversaw the House during the whole gerrymandering process. Wilson is meh, but I don't like that he affected laws for personal business gains during his time in the legislature.

Curtis, is obviously who I will vote for in the primary for reasons listed above. He isn't perfect, but I've actually met the guy a couple times. I sat up for an event during a campaign stop for several candidates that he was a part of. He stayed the longest, he answered every question, and he stayed and helped clean up after the event including putting away chairs and tables. I don't know that he's more moderate than either of the others but he's a more classic conservative and genuinely a decent person from meeting him a couple times. I'll vote for Curtis in the primary, I'll also vote for him in the general.

I think Curtis probably wins, although the local GOP has been behind Wilson and it matters, so we shall see. I think Wilson wins the convention, in a close contest, and Curtis wins the actual election. Curtis was mayor of Provo and has the highest approval rating of any Utah representative in congress. Between the splitting votes and Curtis being well known and liked from Provo to Salt Lake, I think he ends up hard, if not impossible to beat.

No one wants Orins boy?

Have Utahns turned their backs on being elected because of your family name?

No one wants Orins boy?

Have Utahns turned their backs on being elected because of your family name?
There was a super early Deseret News poll that had him in second place. Curtis was the front-runner, but Hatch outpolled both Staggs and Wilson in the poll. I genuinely wonder if those people voting Hatch assume it's Orrin Hatch they were polling for. Name recognition can get you somewhere I suppose. I am guessing since then they realize it's his son and the poll will shake out quite differently the next time we see things.

The only reason it could be interesting is Wilson having the local establishment party pushing for him, but I still expect Curtis to win by a fair amount.

Wilson is a tool.

His "builder" cred isn't what he thinks it is among the subs around here.

The commercial with hard hats and vests *working" behind him is funny, that's not his "type" of guys

Wilson is a tool.

His "builder" cred isn't what he thinks it is among the subs around here.

The commercial with hard hats and vests *working" behind him is funny, that's not his "type" of guys
There's a lot of people in the legislature (as well as the Governor) who are in an awkward bind with this race. Wilson was the chosen one, then lots of people convinced Curtis to run. I was happy Curtis jumped in. Wilson felt entitled to that Senate seat and thought he was going to cake walk anointed into it. There was lots of pressure on Curtis from both sides and I'm glad he made it awkward for everyone and entered the race. Wilson has always felt like such an entitled smug *******. Probably because he is. You're not the first person who has said he's not got the cred he thinks he does. I had a pretty notable media member who said they think he's going to find out he's not as popular as he thinks he is in this race.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom