Senior Project

Muleyfanatic

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-12 AT 11:24AM (MST)[p]Hey guys, I'm a senior at Kuna High School and need to pick a senior project idea. The requirements are you have to show new learning throughout the next few months on the topic. I want to do something outdoors and somewhat hunting related. But I can't do it on just the topic of hunting itself due to me knowing so much about it already. Also as a part of the project you need to have a mentor who is knowledgable about the topic that can work with you hands on to learn the topic. Any ideas on something to choose?

How about learning and documenting methods and techniques of trapping. Maybe you could tag up with a trapper in the area and actually learn how to trap wolves. You could do some good and piss some of the local liberal administrators off at the same time. Just one idea. I'll keep thinking.

One other idea! I am a teacher and I use to teach Hunter's Safety right in the school system in a middle school. If that isn't available in your area, maybe you could do the foot work necessary to get it placed in your district schools.

My senior project was duck hunting. I had to make a blind and show the steps and then we made a duck video. i did demos on duck calling. It helped that I worked at a duck hunting club for 3 years during high scholl.
I like the wilderness survival idea.
Call fish and game and ask them ideas, I have heard of people hiking planter fish into high mountain lakes for scout eagle projects.
You could also do any conservation project to better the habitat for an area

LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-12 AT 11:22AM (MST)[p]Thanks for the input guys! I've been putting a lot of thought into each idea, it's something I really want to be interested about and I think that I'm going to do taxidermy. Preferably big game taxidermy. Anybody recommend a good taxidermist around Nampa or Meridian that wouldn't mind being my mentor? I'm also thinking about the trapping idea. That seems really cool too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom