SFW CEO stepping down

akah2o

Got this in an email today.... Kinda Shocked!

April 22, 2016

To all of our outstanding committee members,

Thank you for your amazing commitment to this organization over the years. It has truly been a humbling experience watching your passion, dedication, and desire to ensure Utah?s wildlife is here for years to come.
I wanted to inform you that after a long and thoughtful process, I have decided to take a different direction regarding my career. This was a difficult decision which did not come easy. That being said, it is the right decision for my family.
SFW is a phenomenal organization and I will forever be grateful for my time here. I am convinced there is no better conservation group than this one. The work that you've accomplished over the past 20+ years is unparalleled in this or any other industry and is a direct result of your efforts.
As we move through this transitional period please know SFW will make every effort to ensure we find the right leadership. This organization deserves nothing less.
Thank you again for your friendship, loyalty, and unyielding commitment to this great cause. It has been an absolute privilege getting to know you.
Please feel free to reply or call with any questions you might have.
All my best,
Jon Larson

Jon Larson
CEO I Sportsmen for Fish & Wildlife

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-16 AT 04:11AM (MST)[p]Wow!! See what you guys did with all your question asking. Geeesh! Ha ha
Seriously. I hope he's moving on because better opportunities have come about and not just canned. I never met him.

PS - I still can't believe Don Peay was backing Donald Trump!!!!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

I don't know Jon very well but based upon my limited interaction with him I found him to be a good guy. He inherited a difficult job and faced tough questions about issues that generally predated his involvement. His departure is a loss to SFW. I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

-Hawkeye-

I worked with Jon while we were at sportsman's. He's a class act. I believe most people who've worked with him have great respect for him. I cant believe all the crap he's dealt with over the years. He was just getting started in upper management when sportsman's went through their restructure. Seemed to me he would go in and clean up a company, and the next thing you know he was being recruited hard for another company. You cant blame him for chasing the dollar considering the pay at most of those companies wasn't that great to begin with. I was glad to see him take the job at SFW. Considering he was only there for a couple months, all I can say is there must be a lot more unethical crap going on there than we can even speculate. It's no secret what kind of a person Don Pea is, and how he does business. My guess is he wasn't willing to deal with that kind of unethical, dishonest, secretive BS! I wonder if, on his way out he signed some sort of gag order? Hopefully not!

You PRICKS & Your Millions of SFW Threads/Posts Run His Ass Off Finally!

Hope You Feel Good about what You Done!

You're Really Gonna HATE His Replacement!

[font color="blue"]They Shot Him in the Back AKA 'LaVoyed Him'!
[/font]

I'll bet ww is Wineing & Dining Himself!

[/font]

His head was nearly cut off by the haters and yet they wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors. Priceless yet ruthless.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-16 AT 05:13PM (MST)[p]CAT, it was actually some Baby Backs and some fine High West Rye.

"If the DWR was just doing its job, and
wildlife and hunting were the actual focus,
none of this process would even matter.
But that is not the focus or the goal in any
of this. The current DWR regime, and
SFW were born out of wildlife declines,
and are currently operated and funded
under that paradigm. Those 200 Expo
tags would not even be worth anything if
the focus was where it was supposed to
be, and wildlife and tags were plentiful.
But under the current business model,
that is how the money and power is
generated. It is generated through the
rising "value"(monitization) of a declining
resource. A resource that is supposed to
be being beneficially managed for the
masses that own that resource, ie. US.
The problem is obvious, hedging is not a
long term sustainable strategy, and
others have to lose, for some to win. In
this case it is us, the many, and our
resources, that are being forced to lose,
because there is a minority who's power
and money is derived from our loses."

LONETREE 3/15/16

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-16
>AT 05:13?PM (MST)

>
>CAT, it was actually some Baby
>Backs and some fine High
>West Rye.
>
>
>
>
>"If the DWR was just doing
>its job, and
>wildlife and hunting were the actual
>focus,
>none of this process would even
>matter.
>But that is not the focus
>or the goal in any
>
>of this. The current DWR regime,
>and
>SFW were born out of wildlife
>declines,
>and are currently operated and funded
>
>under that paradigm. Those 200 Expo
>
>tags would not even be worth
>anything if
>the focus was where it was
>supposed to
>be, and wildlife and tags were
>plentiful.
>But under the current business model,
>
>that is how the money and
>power is
>generated. It is generated through the
>
>rising "value"(monitization) of a declining
>resource. A resource that is supposed
>to
>be being beneficially managed for the
>
>masses that own that resource, ie.
>US.
>The problem is obvious, hedging is
>not a
>long term sustainable strategy, and
>others have to lose, for some
>to win. In
>this case it is us, the
>many, and our
>resources, that are being forced to
>lose,
>because there is a minority who's
>power
>and money is derived from our
>loses."
>
>LONETREE 3/15/16

I Figured as much ww!

[/font]

as mentioned here on MM. Our differences with sfw never changed my mind about Jon, when working with him a grew to respect him as an upstanding person. I wish him luck in his endeavors. Also as stated here on MM. I believe there to be a lot of good people in sfw, and that, to me does not make them bad people...anyway Good luck my friend.

. Jeff

>Heartshot does the wildlife board pay?
>

Yes and No!

Per Utah Code 23-14-2.5 (7)(a)(i):

"Members who are not government employees shall receive no compensation or benefits for their services, but may receive per diem and expenses incurred in the performance of the member's official duties at the rates established by the Division of Finance under Sections 63A-3-106 and 63A-3-107.
(ii) Members may decline to receive per diem and expenses for their services."

So, if Jon is going to work for a government agency, he could be paid for his service as a part of his employment. Or if he accepted the per diem and expenses, yes, it could be said that he was paid, but otherwise, no!

In any case, his next job isn't the Wildlife Board.

I worked with Jon in the past.
He is a great guy.
I hope he moves on to a better situation for he and his family.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-16 AT 11:25AM (MST)[p]With all this speculation about what must have happened for him to change his mind, have any of the committee members taken him up on his offer to "Please feel free to reply or call with any questions you might have."? And, if so, what was his answer? I, for one, will just take him at his word that he places his family's concerns above his passion for hunting and fishing and his job with SFW, which is as it should be. The time away from family definitely takes its toll. I wish the best for him and them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom