Shed Freak

browtine

Super Moderator
First off. Let me say im probably a little bias with this review because I helped Doyle with this video. I will be completely honest with the review.

I can start off saying that this really is the BEST shed hunting video to date.

Positives:

Shed hunting eithics are covered.
I personally know NONE of the footage is staged.
GIANT sheds are picked up.
The editing runs smooth and the music doesn't cover what the first reactions of the shed hunter are.
Watching multible years of the same aninmals is "COOL"

Negatives:

I honestly only found one negative thing about this video. That would be that some of the footage (be it a very small amount) is "re-run" from a couple previous videos. Its probably a whopping 10 minutes of the video but if you have already seen it, it will drag a little. If you have never seen the footage, its really neet to see. So,its a wash with re-run or first time viewing the footage.

What do you guys think?!?!?

shedfreak.jpg

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Have to say this is the first shed hunting video I've ever seen. I like the short segments on several of the mule deer videos on the market so I thought I'd give Shed Freak a chance. I really like it. Being a shed hunting nut myself, it really captured the 'moment' that every shed hunter feels when he sees that giant shed laying there for the first time. I was a little disappointed seeing some rerun footage. I don't think it was necessary as the amount of fresh new footage was sufficent. I would have liked to have seen more measurements in bigger, bolder type or with voice overs. That would be one thing that I'd suggest they do on any future volumes. Also there was a ton of AS THEY LAY footage that didn't have the shed being held later. I would like to see more of the sheds being held by someone, see their big smiles and hear the excitement in their voices. The viewer then can see the size comparison of the shed and the person. Hard to tell just how big a shed is when it is just AS THEY LAY.
Overall, if you are a shed hunting nut you'll like this video. There are some absolute giant sheds captured on film.

http://sdana.photosite.com/DanasHuntingPics/

Hey I was thinking of buying the video . Are most of the sheds found in utah ? Do you know the locations in utah ?

It was a great video..definetly some awesome sheds. Is there going to be a second tape coming? I would like to see more of the country...of course nothing that would identify the location. I just like seeing the different shed country in different states.
Tanner

I am hoping there will be a sequell to the first video. We certainly dont have a shortage of film...
buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom