Shed Wars

Longshot81

Has anyone else caught wind of this joke. I saw it last night and this is the last thing we need film crews and two azz clowns promoting how they stomp all over the winter range to horn poach before the other guy.

bunch of limp wrists in my book!
hornkiller.jpg

Maybe We'll all need to Buy a Copter to compete?

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

And we thought that the shed seasons/rules are starting to get stiff now, Wait til every Lib jumps on the bandwagon

The dangers of shed hunting:

Getting parked in at the T/H
Falling forward in the deep snow gully and being used for a bridge by others before you can wallow your way out.
Having a "team" of shed hunters beat you up and take your horns so they can "win"
Snagging your nuts while crossing the fence cause you are in such a hurry (to get the horn you spotted) and not paying attention watching for the landowner

There have to be others (besides blisters and gout) I can't wait for them to be explored in excruciating detail

To be quite honest this new series is sickening! I knew this kind of thing was coming soon! I hate that message that they are portraying when they show that "gold antler" and $$$ symbols around it. It's gonna give shed hunters a bad name to the horrible rep that is portrayed by the unlawful shed hunters. I think it's gonna be a BS show that is mostly staged and I hope it doesn't last long. We are getting closer and closer to the days where it will become illegal to pick up a horn..

Just my opinion...

I doubt we will ever see it illegal to pick up a shed. That said I know one of the guys on there that is a class act. I don't like the attention this show will draw to shed hunting though. I don't like people even knowing I shed hunt.

I grew up in the same town as two of those clowns one of the two is ok but the one is a real piece of work. Sportsman's Chanel must not do any kind of background check thumbs up to them on that.

"I doubt we will ever see it illegal to pick up a shed. That said I know one of the guys on there that is a class act. I don't like the attention this show will draw to shed hunting though. I don't like people even knowing I shed hunt."

It's already illegal to pick up sheds in many places. . .

I agree with the above posts that this isn't a good message to send . . .

I dont get it, Tines up is on their 4th shed dvd, I think Mossback has 2 and probably working on the 3rd, there's a thousand videos on Youtube of guys filming picking up sheds, and because this it a TV show its "bad". It was only a matter of time before they came out with a TV show about shed hunting. What do you mean "horn poach"? I wouldn't think the Outdoor channel would film illegal activity. As far as this show being bad for shed hunting, that ship has sailed along time ago, when everyone thought it was cool to post videos and pics on the internet. I'm guilty of it and so is every single person on here or other sites that have done it. Its all for entertainment isn't it? The dvds, youtube,websites, and TV. I guarantee everyone that trashes this show still watches it. I also know one of the guys on this show, he's a good guy and I consider him a good friend.

Harsh, harsh, harsh............

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

I think some are suggesting we temper our love of antlers with setting a good example for those who will eventually be in charge of conserving and enhancing our wildlife, their habitat, and our (and theirs) opportunities to continue doing what we love. Picking up sheds is cool, no doubt about it. But maybe we should look at it from a sustainability standpoint. When you're prepared to jump down into the depths of he!! because there's a horn down there and you want to get your 799th antler, that's getting a mite out of hand . . . Just some things to think about . . .

The first rule of shed hunting is shut up and keep quiet... or you will ruin it for you own dumb self.

These A$$ clowns invited a film crew into our backyard and are showing a bunch of out of towners shed spots?

Calling your show Shed wars??? A war with the locals around here is the last thing you want...

Whatever happened to the days of just hunting for fun not trying to be sponsored or famous and just be happy with that?

We are watching you. Just not on TV. Be careful what you wish for....

ps... tines up sucks too

You need to get people to boycott the Sportsman channel. Maybe, if sportsmen show little interest they'll find something else to do. How about trout wars?

Well I watched this last night and I guess it was somewhat entertaining but overall kind of boring. Who can go look at a buck 26 days in a row???? I also thought the guy who caught the two guys trespassing on his lease was quite staged... I mean really you just happened to have the camera rolling as they walked by the same little draw you were in. I guess that's tv, meant to entertain. Just annoying I think.

If there ever was a justification for the free mm vehicle tune up appearing on shed whores would be it. If you recognize em show em some love. I don't have the balls to do it but I wish I did.

Justin

Last nite was the 1st time I saw it What a JOKE !! Hey great job Tana thanks for showing the Nation How frickin LAZY the Northern Idaho Shed gathers are !!! Shed Hunting is NOT riding your Lazy butt around hoping to DRIVE or RIDE by one !! Heres a helpful tip GET OFF the 4 WHEELER & put some miles on those BOOTS !!! Guarantee you will find more horns !!! How about the dude in the canoe lets his fully loaded pack go but grabs the moose paddles !! there are a couple of guys on their that put on some miles Thumbs up to you guys .Over all in my opinion it was really LAME ..

And who is coming up with these prices??? There are going to be a lot of disappointed people out there when they go to sell those "100 dollar" 150 4pt singles.

too bad we are not getting those prices in Idaho they showed one deer horn at $120 give me a break it wasn't even a big horn . that's why its Notreallyreality TV I have seen on Below Zero them catching or shooting red fox then show them worth $125 to $150 bucks when NAFA is only paying $70 for that same fox ...

I was glad to see that her 4-wheeler broke down in the back country. Hope the night was colder than hell.

did anyone catch last nites show ?? I want to know who is paying $475 for a under 320 set of brown elk sheds !!! I watched as the gal picked up a 6 point brown & across the bottom of the TV pops $120 than the husband picks up the other side & up pops $475 !!!! I need to find these peoples buyers !! either those sheds weighed about 36 pounds a piece {current brown elk shed price in Idaho} or they are getting close to $20 a pound !!!

I am not watching it. I refuse to support this crap. If you watch or record it you are voicing your approval in the only way that matters. Heck this thread is free advertising! Justin

Just like everything else in this World we live in!

Let's turn it all in to:

Cha-Ching!

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

I'll take the CHA-CHING...only hobby the wife and I have that actually pays for itself...I broke down and even sold all my raghorn elk that I've killed in the last 15 years... at 15.00 a lb it was worth it...rather have a new gun than letting them hang in the garage rafters..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom