Sheep and Elk hunt

goldhunter

Anybody willing to help a little. I have 15 points for sheep and 5 for elk. I'm thinking unit5 for sheep. Is there a trophy elk unit that overlaps the major sheep populations that would justify 5 points and outside wilderness(NR). I would probably archery hunt elk. I would be looking for a top end bull.

I would prefer to scout and hunt one general area for both species even if it is over several years. I don't have to draw either this year but will probably start researching and scouting sheep unit 5 this year anticipating drawing soon.

Good plan.

So do #5 for sheep

# 62 for Elk (#61 has alot more wilderness)

# 9 for Moose

# 117 for a Buck

Man you will know every single species hangout honey hole by the time ya get 'em all drawn!

That could really work out well for ya.

Robb

Thanks,

But I don't think I would use my 5 elk points on 62. I have considered 61 for archery elk but didn't know if the area that would work for the elk would also have sheep. If not I would probably try a different unit for elk.

The other alternative I've pondered is selecting another sheep area, probably have to hire a guide and just consider this my once in a lifetime guided wilderness hunt. Any recommendations regarding guides who are good for both elk and sheep? If I'm paying the big bucks I would hope for a chance at a 350 type bull.

Don't know anything about deer 117 and I don't have any points for moose.

How do you retreive PM's?

I would not recommend combining any type of hunt with a sheep hunt. The tags are just too rare and special. Make the sheep your singular focus, and come back another year to hunt elk. A person can always hunt elk somewhere. The same cannot be said about a Rocky Mtn Bighorn tag.

Best of luck to you in this year's sheep tag draw!

I agree with DWalton. Just go for the sheep, hopefully the state gets the wolves under some kind of control and let the elk herds get some mature bulls back, it will take years but drawing a tag will be worth it again in those areas. I know a few nice bulls getting taken this year but they are few and far between and all not concentrated. I'd stick with sheep first, then like he said go for elk another year. Good luck.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom