Sheep anyone?

Anyone know what the scoop is with area 12. I know the G&F spent a small fortune putting sheep in that area a few years back. Now if you look at the reg's, it has an asterisk stating difficult to access area. Why would they waste hunter dollars putting sheep somewhere where they can't be hunted. I had a guided hunt lined up this year in three and my outfitter called last Nov and advised he was selling the camp. Decided I'd rather go with an established outfitter. Looking at 4 or 5 next season.

There is access to the sheep in unit 12. The easiest is going thru private land, with permission, but you can skirt the private and stay on BLM, just a little harder. WG&Fish will help if drawn. Last year a 183 ram was killed in 12.

Most of the funds for the introductions were provided by WY-WSF and other Chapters.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Still waiting since I got my ram in 2009. I won't likely apply again. I had to wait 32 years to get drawn, so I kinda see it as once in a lifetime and I should let someone else have a turn.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom