Shiras Bull - How does he compare?

elkmanchad

Hello all,

I'm just curious as to how this guy compares to other big Shiras moose. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger, but is he considered a TRUE trophy? I see a lot of moose, and I generally don't see many bigger than him. I'm likely answering my own question, but would like to hear what everyone thinks. Plus, I thought you'd enjoy the pics.

Sorry the pics are a little grainy; all I had was my cell phone and it was getting dark.

429720140927_184045.jpg

174920140927_184054.jpg

554520140927_184103.jpg

445820140927_184107.jpg

146220140927_184153.jpg

Definitely shooter. I would put him at high 150's-low 160's for score. Appears to have everything needed for a nice balanced B&C bull

I wouldn't really be concerned about score. In fact, I am sick of numerous posts asking for the score of a particular animal (deer, elk, etc). I'm with all of you, if he's a great trophy, SHOOT HIM! Who cares what he scores. :)

Now if I could draw a darned tag!

Double brow tines, so should have better than average palm length; width seems OK, I am guessing 40" (?)(curious on other estimates of width - second photo give a good view); Palm width seems good and it looks like he has at least 8 pts/side...Shoot!

He is not huge by any means but he is decent. AND how do you turn down a moose that close to a road. A gift from heaven if I've ever seen one.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-14 AT 09:22AM (MST)[p]This big guy can be found in the North Park area of Colorado. Pretty darned close to Wyoming.

Nice bull. I think most people would shoot it. Its right on the edge of being a bull with some real "Wow" factor for me.

MT_Grizz.jpg

Shooter for sure. He qualifies as a "trophy" bull.
It's hard to guess score with those pics but I'd guess he's near or just over B&C minimum (140"+).
Who has the tag and why isn't he in the back of the truck?
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom