"Shooter" the movie

Good movie

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

About 5 times.
Have you read the series of books. They are some of the best, can't put down ,series of books ever IMO. They start out with Earl Swagger, Bob Lee's dad. The author is Stephen Hunter and they should be read chronolgicaly (I wish this had spell check).
I've hooked all my Huntin' buddy with the series.

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Is that the movie where he was going to shoot the President or somebody and he ends up getting framed? If so, I saw it and yes, good movie. If not.....I haven't the foggiest!

Rack- What are.....books?

If you like Marky Mark, as I like to call him, as an actor, you should see the movie "Fear". It's a good movie and well worth the time. Alyssa Milano is in it and she plays a slut....I'd watch it for that reason only!!

Steve

Thanks guys!!

I saw it for the first time last night. I was blown away by it. Never had heard of it before but i'm sold now, i very much agree, it's a good movie.

For those that might not have seen it yet, there was just a commercial saying that it was going to be on again Fri, "the movie channel", didn't catch what time.

Tom, i been reading one, two, sometimes three, books a week, even when i'm busy, for the last twenty years or so. I like history and exploration, lots of things, but a GOOD fiction ranks right up there. I'll be looking to buy the set, thanks for the tip.

Joey

I'm not much into sniper type rifles but am curious if anybody knows what that gun-scope of his was?? Possible caliber?

Danny Glover = bad guy? you don't see that to often

Now that i saw most of it once, i'm going to try, make a point to see it again Fri. The director/editor had to know a bunch about shooting to pull this movie off as reasonably realistic. One thing i noticed, the bad guys couldn't shoot fer chit :)

Joey

I bought the DVD and really like the movie and the extras with the sniper that helped them keep it somewhat realistic. Most times people hype up a movie I am dissapointed. I thought this movie didn't get enough hype.

Danny Glover = bad guy? you don't see that to often.

He is one of those Hollywood Dem who is against guns and hunting.

Brian

"Throughout the film Swagger uses an array of sniper weapons, among which are the USMC M40A3 rifle and Barrett M82 sniper rifles and Donnie Fenn used an M4 Carbine with a M203 grenade launcher and M68 Close Combat Optic in the African opening sequences, Cheyenne Tactical M-200 Intervention in .408 CheyTac used to shoot the Dinty Moore stew can, and Remington 700P in .308 Winchester (7.62x51mm NATO). Weapons used by Swagger include a Beretta M9 and a commandeered M4 Carbine with reflex sight, in the fight against the 24 mercenaries and a Colt M1911-A1 in the final shootout scene."

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooter_(film)

I think the guns were Remington 700 police or tactical. Pretty sure they were Remington 700's no less. Not positive on the scope but I think it was a Leupold mkIV tactical. Sweet movie one I own and seen a ton.

+100 on the books...The book is so much better, it takes place in the sawtooths not the bighorn mountains....The Guy who he goes and sees in tennesee anyone wanna guess who that is? I have read a couple his books, i read point of impact in iraq...i couldnt put it down...anyways have a good one

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Black light, Point of Impact, Time to Hunt, Marine Sniper.....read them all. Great author and stories. The movie sucked in comparison...in one of them he parachuted into Mackay, Idaho.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>If they should be read in
>order can someone list in
>what order to read these
>books thanks

Point of Impact
Black Light
Time to Hunt

those 3 are all Bob Lee Swagger....

When done with those read Dirty White Boys

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Start with "Havana" then "Hot Springs" "Then Pale Horse Coming".

While "Black Light" does refer back to events concerning Earl Swagger, the basic plot makes no sense if "Point of Impact" and "Dirty White Boys" have not been read. The same is true of "Time to Hunt". While the first half of the book takes you back to Bob in Viet Nam, the second half of the book takes that information along with information from "Point of Impact", "Dirty White Boys" and "Black Light". So to me the chronological order is "Havana" ,"Hot Springs","Pale Horse Coming" "Point of Impact", "Dirty White Boys", "Black Light", "Time to Hunt".

There is a new one that I haven't read yet "The 47th Samurai".

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Tom, Funny you should post this info. I just spent the last hour hitting e-bay and goggle to see what was available and at what costs. I also got a list of dates when each book hit the market and must say that your suggested order of reading is different than the order in which i had come up with or when they were published.

So, i'm going to throw my work in the kindling pile :) and use your recommendation. Being a fan like you are, i'm glad to have the info. Looking forward to getting started, Thank You!

Joey

Thanks for the info. I hope I'm not going to be bidding aganst Shooter or a bunch of other MMers on E-bay I was checking them out last night also.

greenie, I bought mine "buy it now", they're coming via a late last night e-bay spree, seven S. Hunter books, 5 of them that are on Rackcrawler's list, $20.+ $5. shipped. Actually, i had a ebay gift card from Christmas so no actual monies out. i still saw some other decent "lot" deals available, look "Stephen hunter book lot", there was one group, 6 books maybe for $10.+ that had several on the list as well.

The movie "SHOOTER" comes on again tonight 10:30 PDT

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom