Shooting Camels in Australia!

that does not look fun at all.i understand the necessity but if any one would perceive that as a "fun" activity they are likely a phycopath

Thankfully it’s in Australia and this is the worst fate these camels will get. They don’t have mini guns out of helicopters or using the camels as target practice, short or long range, with a 50 BMG like the opportunities we see.

I'd love to do that to feral horses.
i would participate in a culling of wild horses for sure if i was asked. and if i was australian id participate in this culling also as its a management practice that would benefit native game.

but fun? come on. hunting and killing are two different categories. im perfectly capable of both. but if you call gunning down a group of dumb animals while they stand there looking around and shooting calves out from under their mothers necks fun. you have problem's.

no issue with killing animals that need killed. they are just animals. but i'd say the guy that gets a hard on while doing it is as well.

Nothing wrong with something that needs to be done being fun also. Maybe after 200 it wouldn't be fun anymore. But maybe it would.

Estimated 3 million Feral Camels in Australia

I can see how it would not be fun for some.
It is no longer fun for me to shoot tweetie birds with my BB-Gun

Jack Rabbits
Prairie Dogs
Coyotes
All still fun for me.

I think Feral Camels would be fun also

Last edited:
Wow, that was a lot of camels in a short time, several horses too, There were some other videos where they were harvesting the meat for pet food,

Nothing wrong with something that needs to be done being fun also. Maybe after 200 it wouldn't be fun anymore. But maybe it would.

Estimated 3 million Feral Camels in Australia

I can see how it would not be fun for some.
It is no longer fun for me to shoot tweetie birds with my BB-Gun

Jack Rabbits
Prairie Dogs
Coyotes
All still fun for me.

I think Feral Camels would be fun also
Your the guy in the slaughter house that takes a bit too much enjoyment in his job…

It’s culling. Notice the guys in the video are very professional about it. Not whoopin it up abut how entertaining shooting a whole herd of animals that are too dumb to run away. They’re legit management professionals that probably wish there wasn’t a whole bunch of camels that need to be killed. I imagine they’d rather be doing something else. You know, like not maniacs

Watching a pack of wolves take down an elk would be fun.

Camels were first introduced into Australia from the Canary Islands in 1840. There are now over one million feral camels in Australia and that population may double in size every nine years.

Watching a pack of wolves take down an elk would be fun.

Camels were first introduced into Australia from the Canary Islands in 1840. There are now over one million feral camels in Australia and that population may double in size every nine years.
They better keep shooting them. Hope they at least try to weed out the volunteers that think putting cats in microwaves is “fun”

I didn't watch all of it, but at one point he mentioned getting the camels up. Any idea what happens to the dead camels?

That would be an absolute riot!

No different than hog control that goes on here. Someone get that dude an AR and some 30 round mags! 😂

I didn't watch all of it, but at one point he mentioned getting the camels up. Any idea what happens to the dead camels?
they rot on the spot.......if anything they drag them to a bone yard....

Last edited:
“Why would it be fun? mtmuley“

It would be a fun challenge trying to get accuracy with the quickest ethical shot. (One shot challenge). Even when they are running. The adrenaline of trying to get all 30ish put down before some escape.

This is what I saw at dinner tonight

IMG_5487.jpeg

IMG_5488.jpeg

I know some rancher in NV that would like the same program for wild horses. I fellas sure could burn up a rifle barrel shooting that much. I was trying to figure out what caliber they were shooting. My guess is .308.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom