Shooting Course

>Does anyone know of a good
>rifle shooting school or course
>in Oregon?
>
>Thanks NS

What exactly do you want to learn?

Long range and basics. I have hunted for twent years and I'm a decent shot, but I would like to take it to the next level.

Thanks NS

Have an elevation turret put on your scope, buy a laser rangefinder, know the speed and Ballistic Coeffiient of your ammo, figure your MOA (divide drop in inches by range in yards). There are many ballistic calculators on line that will do this for you. You will still need to shoot your rifle to make sure they are correct. It really is not that hard.....hell, I'm doing it. I took my blacktail buck last year at 630 yards. I set my B-I-L up and he took to animals with his rifle, one at 489 and one at 429. I think those shooting schools are way over rated. You can easily learn what you need to do for free on the net and apply said knowledge.

If you really want to do a class, Darrell Holland's Shooting school is in Powers, Or. The cost is almost $1900. That is a great rifle, scope, rangefinder and lots of ammo!!!!!!!

i'm not 100% sure but i think he meant the scholl is $1900.00- for that amount of money you could buy yourself a real nice rifle,scope and lots of ammo. but correct me if im wrong WANTED

You're not wrong, the $1800+ is for the class ONLY. A guy could make himself really dangerous with that kind of coin...grin.

Where are you located? I know of a couple of options in Central Oregon.

West of the mountains, I would bet that Oregon Firearms Academy would have something also.

Thanks for the input. I think I will go with the first suggestion and save the cash and try to do it myself. Do some reloading and ballistic work.

NS

While I am no expert, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! Feel free to PM me, and I'll give you cell#. Lots to explain.

what is there in central oregon for long range shooting?
i watch best of the west tv show all the time. at first i hated it because it was the opposite of bow hunting. but the more i watch long range shooting the more i want to be able to do it.

As far as a long range shooting range?... last i heard COSSA was working on one but i don't think its ready yet.

For instruction, the ipsec/pistol/cossa guys have someone coming to give a class. Seems like they said, $250 or $275 for a day. Limited to 10 guys. If your interested, i can send you the email contact.

If you are looking for individual instruction, I believe the guys at REACT Training Systems can do it. You just need to log on their website and tell them what you are looking for. They also instruct at the Oregon Firearms Acedemy and are very good. I'd post the website but MM might not like. If you need me to I could PM it

I don't think he's looking to headshoot someone at 1000 yards. Most of those "firemarms training courses" are for tactical applications. Long range shooting is alot easier than a guy thinks, or as hard as he wants it to be.

Back
Top Bottom