Shooting sticks

F

Frontier

Just wondering what kind of shooting sticks some of the members are using and how do you like them? Never used any before and thinking about trying some for hunting.

I use the stony point's also.
Just make sure you practise getting them set up fast and practise with them.

I appreciate all the responses. Went through the emotions last hunting season of getting a shooting stick, but decided I didn't need them, however it would be nice to have some at times, if the carrying and ease of use work. Wondering what models of stoney points you have, and do you find shooting best sitting, standing, or whatever with them.

I had the stoney point's and sold them to get the Snipe Pod. There is no comparison in the two. Snipe pod is more expensive, but the price was worth the results.

}}-SLIVER-->

stoney point shooting sticks..........better and more versatile than any pod........would'nt hunt without them.

What I've been doing for many years now is using the bungee to attach a fully erected set to my barrel......stick the bases into a nylon stock cartridge holder. Holds them securely....place them on the non-action side of your rifle of course..DOES NOT interfere with off hand shooting in any way. You can have these out and set up too shoot faster than anything I'm aware of. Adds no weight to your gun unlike alot of bi-pods.

I use them to steady my binos when glassing too... helps to ease shoulder and neck fatigue on long glassing sessions. Used them to steady a spotting scope in a pinch.

Snipepod for me to. I don't rely on it put sure is handy if you need it. Super lightweight and much much better than stoney point or any other "shootin stick"IMO
Bgmhiker

+1 for Snipod!!! They set themselves up and they are VERY light weight! I love mine.

CSO

It's all about the good times...

I have a few harris bipods that I love to use, my wife does not really like them though - so I bought her the stoney point steady stix - I have since used them and like tem too. I usually have my rifle slung on my shoulder and carry the steady stix kinda like a hiking stick so they are always ready if I need them.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

I have the snipe pod but is mor restrictive imo than the stoney point. My snipe pod sits on the shelf now and I keep my stoney point in my pack. I don't depend on a bipod, but they are handy in the right situation.

I have used the Stoney Point Shooting Stix in the past and they worked very well for sitting shots. I wanted something to give me more choices in shots. I bought the Stoney Point Safari Stix as they can be used for standing shots. I like them a lot. They are very lightweight and are fast to deploy when needed. They will be with me on my hunts this fall.

I've pretty much tried them all, and keep going back to the harris even though its heavy. It is definately the steadiest, and I like being able to set my rifle down anywhere without worrying about it falling over, sliding down the mtn, or getting dirty.

I have tried both the Stoney point sticks, and the harris Bi-pod. For me hands down the Harris Bi-pod is better. I can get alot more steady with that. I do admit it may take longer to set up, than the stoney sticks,and it is heavier, but with practice, you can get pretty quick with adjusting the harris bi-pod. Just my 02.

"Easy now, keep the croshairs right behind his shoulder & squeeze the trigger"

Well, maybe I made a mistake, but I went ahead and ordered the snipe tripod. I'll let everyone know how I like it. There were some very good suggestions and opinions, probably will end up trying them all before I'm done.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom