Shoshone Sue For Hunting Rights

This should be an interesting thread.:rolleyes: I hear the keys jingling already.

No offense to you grizz. Indian law is quite interesting, but I sure don’t have the energy to roll up the sleeves on this one. Oddly, 1868 was the year of at least 1 other significant tribal treaty. Big year for the cavalry I guess.

This should be an interesting thread.:rolleyes: I hear the keys jingling already.

No offense to you grizz. Indian law is quite interesting, but I sure don’t have the energy to roll up the sleeves on this one. Oddly, 1868 was the year of at least 1 other significant tribal treaty. Big year for the cavalry I guess.
No offense taken. I haven't even stated a position... just merely posted the link.

Well...if they wouldn't of been fighting among themselves for thousands of years...maybe would they would of whipped the Europeans and wouldn't have this problem..it could be worse..they could of not walked across the Bearing Plains and stayed in Russia with NO benefit's...

I think preserving tribal/ancestral heritage is a good thing. Driving a truck or 4 wheeler around and using a modern rifle to shoot elk and deer on the winter range doesn't look like preserving ancestral heritage to most of us. Add in spot lights that have been used by some tribal members and it looks even worse. Making your own bow/arrows, cloths and hunting without motorized vehicles isn't going to get much push back from anyone.
In this modern age you can't argue you need the meat to feed your family. It is cost prohibitive in time, effort and money to collect wild game meat, even if poaching close to home. Native Americans can and do raise bison for heritage and food on their tribal lands and that is much more efficient than poaching on the winter range.

Think it’s about time for them to act like a civilized society and adhere to the North American model of conservation. It’s well known these tribes continue to poach unethically and not for the meat. At this point it’s just gotten ridiculous.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom