shot a dead coyote today

S

shep

Heres a funny story. I was out horn hunting and trying a little coyote calling today. I was hunting sage draws, not a tree for miles. I came around a ridge and across the draw was a dead coyote. He was all wedged in between a couple of big rocks one leg pointing towards the heavens. I thought someone had already been through there an plunked him. I looked him over for a few minutes and even tossed a couple of rocks towards him. After no movement, I sat down and waited for my buddy, who was coming up below me. We sat there and I pointed the 'dead' coyote out to him. I was glassing down the draw when my buddy had the most confused look on his face. He was fumbling for his rifle and trying to say something. I looked across the draw, and the 'dead' coyote was running up the hill! That little rascal was asleep the whole time! He ran for a ways and at about 200 yards stopped. He shouldn't have. Put him to bed for good this time! Poor little buger, all he wanted was a nap.
Later,
Shep

That brings a funny visual to mind....too bad ur not a better throw with a rock, or it could have been like jumping a pheasant......lol ...PULL !

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom