Shotgun Reloaders

R

RuttCrazed

How many of you reload your own shotgun shells? What reloader do you use? I would like to get into this and was looking at some of the MEC models, which do you like? For those of you that reload how much better are the progressives compared to the single stages? Any other tips or recommendations you can think of would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rut

I crank out a few thousand a year. ;-) I use a MEC 9000 because I'm cheap and it's damn good machine backed by outstanding customer service. You can spend WAY more for a good reloader than the MEC costs.

I would buy the progressive for the small amount of extra $$$. BUT, you should consider the hassles with changing gauges if you plan on loading more than one size.

I only reload 12 ga, so for me the the progressive works good. If I need a couple of boxes of 20's, I go to Wallyworld.

I'm just looking to load up some 12 gauge shells. I want to get some 5's or 6's with a little more oomph than the cheesy field loads that are out there.
The MEC 9000 looks like a good press, how about the Grabber or the 650?

Thanks,

Rut

Hey Rutt, I use a MEC progressive for 12ga. and a MEC single stage for 20ga. The progressive is an old 650 and the single is a Jr. You can really crank them out w/ the progressive, so it's well worth the extra money. If you shoot alot the Jr. is a slower proposition. I think MEC loaders are as good as they get!!!

Rut,
I have a cheap reloader made by Lee, I can load a box
in about 45 min. it is great for what I need I just
buy the AA hulls from one of the reloader mags. I'll
let you check it out this fall. also been meaning to
ask you, I can't find Shay's phone number, what is it?
I want to find out if he saw any good bucks on the elk
hunt, and where they hunted. need to know if i can hold
for a nice one or should I dump the first forkie I see.

Thanks, Shon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom