Sierra 160gr HPBT

T

Three100mag

just wondering if anybody has used this bullet out of a 7 mag. i called sierra up and there customer service said its a very tough bullet and great on deer elk, and thats what the gun will be hunting every year. thanks

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-04 AT 03:43PM (MST)[p]It should hold up just a slight bit better than their standard spitzer, but not much. If you are going to be shooting at long range they work very well. But under 200 yards their iffy at mag speed.

Check out this link, its pretty cool just copy and paste link with out " "s, I'm not smart enough to just make the link work with out the picture ;)

"http://www.seahook.com/bestbullet.jpg"

I have a bunch of these bullets (got a great deal on them) and have been thinking about trying these on Deer/Elk but havnt got up the nerve. I do use the old stand-by Sierra 160gr SPBT and love these. I get groups just over 1/2" with H870 set at 78.0grs and winchester primers in R-P brass. I am very happy with the grouping out the shoot and havnt even tried any other loads. Hope this helps. Jovan

I use the same loads in my 7 mag (H4831) and get good results too. Never shot an elk with them but they're hell on moose.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom