Sighting in question

utah450

I have a new knight revolution. I bought some 50 grain triple seven pellets and 348 grain hollowpoint powerbelts. I have been trying to get it to hit, but it wants to shoot low with 100 grains. I have moved the rear sight up to the point that it is about to come off and I can hit at 25 yards and I am still 9 inches low at 100 yards.

I thought for my first year muzzleloading that I would just try pellets. I could use any suggestions that you guys have. I am planning on trying some other bullets. I picked up some hornady xtp's in 250 grain, but I did not have them at the range with me.

I'd break the gun completly apart next cleaning and make sure there is nothing loose. I shot a new gun this weekend and it was on after the first shot. Then things got wierd and was shooting a foot left, then a foot low, then back to normal...very frustrating. Well, long story short, there was three loose screws holding the bedding block to the barrel. The barrel was able to move about 1/2 of an inch in the stock inletting, killing accuracy and making me a little crazy all at the same time.

>I have a new knight revolution.
> I bought some 50
>grain triple seven pellets and
>348 grain hollowpoint powerbelts.
>I have been trying to
>get it to hit, but
>it wants to shoot low
>with 100 grains. I
>have moved the rear sight
>up to the point that
>it is about to come
>off and I can hit
>at 25 yards and I
>am still 9 inches low
>at 100 yards.

Contact Knight and see what they say. Sounds like there was a tooling problem with the gun when it was made. I've owned several rifles where the scope mount holes were drilled wrong, wrong sight was mounted on it etc etc.

-DallanC

I picked up the same bullet this weekend and shot 12 or so yesterday. I am shooting a Ruger in line (50 cal) and 100 grains fo pyrodex pellets and was shooting a 3" group at 100yds off cross sticks and hitting a 6" bull offhand at 100 yds. They shot low the first couple of times and I had to adjust my sight all the way to the top setting. I have to shoot open sights for my hunt this year. What type of cap are you shooting? I have the 209 primer system and it seems to burn a lot hotter. I have also shot the 250 gr hornady and was basically shooting the same group, just a touch higher at 100 yds. I have yet to shoot 150+. I will keep you updated as I shot a little further out.

I guess I would want to know if the bullets were grouping well. If they are, you may just need a shorter front sight. I would certainly call knight and ask them about it. The same thing happened on my Omega when I put a Williams rear peep on it. Called T/C and they sent me a shorter front sight: problem solved. That said, if it is the original front and rear sight, then it sounds like something is wrong with the gun or sights. If so, Knight will probably already know of the problem and tell you how to fix it.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom