Silencerco Maxim 50

foundation

Very Active Member
Just saw a add for an integrally suppressed muzzle loader, The Silencerco Maxim 50. 50 state legal without the wait and without the $200 tax stamp.

Interesting concept but I'm just curious how many people will be jumping on board at a grand. I love suppressors and don't mind the tax stamp, but not really sure how much I need a suppressor on a front stuffer.

Anybody going to jump on this new concept?

I saw the add today. It's a interesting idea. The first thing that came to mind was. That black powder is pretty dirty. Your going to be cleaning that silencer a lot. Then I wonder what the price would be. You say a grand for the set up. Might be pretty cool. I have already lost some hearing. Anyway to save what I have is a plus. And yes I have two sets of custom electronic hear protection. But it's just not the same.

>I saw the add today. It's
>a interesting idea. The first
>thing that came to mind
>was. That black powder is
>pretty dirty. Your going to
>be cleaning that silencer a
>lot. Then I wonder what
>the price would be. You
>say a grand for the
>set up. Might be pretty
>cool. I have already lost
>some hearing. Anyway to save
>what I have is a
>plus. And yes I have
>two sets of custom electronic
>hear protection. But it's just
>not the same.

26 years of sirens, gunfire, loud radios I have some major hearing loss. Thank goodness workers comp covered the expensive hearing aids for me, but like you I'm trying to save as much hearing as I can.
I have some .30 caliber cans that work wonders depending on the caliber and load and are totally hearing safe levels, some rounds though I still feel I need ear protection even when using the suppressor. So I guess I will have to see what kind of decibel ratings they are getting from this setup.

Being a suppressor dealer I get to play with some cool equipment and some of it helps with hunting and shooting, some of it is just for show and extra weight in the field. Hopefully this muzzleloader idea will be a winner.

the hearing protection act just passed committee and will be going to the house floor. I for one am willing to wait and see what happens here before I go pay a tax stamp.

>the hearing protection act just passed
>committee and will be going
>to the house floor. I
>for one am willing to
>wait and see what happens
>here before I go pay
>a tax stamp.

This muzzleloader is 50 state legal, and no tax stamp required. They are shipping right to peoples front door. For now that is.

Hearing Protection Act still has lots of steps before it even has a chance. I really hope it passes, but I'm doubtful. If it does pass, there will be a tax credit for the tax stamp, so its a win/win.

That's a Big Ole Boy!:D

Back Me Off to 1,700 Yards,650 is a Little Close & I'm Not Comfortable with it!

A GUT SHOT at 1,700 Yards will Still Make Some Good BRAGGIN Rights so I Can Say I At Least Hit Him!

90087hankjr.jpg

That muzzleloader looks like it would be hard to keep it steady since the front end weighs so much

Is that the case? My muzzleloader is heavy enough

Also with the extra step in loading it would seem that it is harder to load in a shooting situation where you need an follow up shot quickly.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom