SilverGrand Outfitters

Hunt4life

If you’re only looking for the “hero” picture its not here.

This is a post from one hunter to the next about an experience and dream that came true.

As I’m from Texas, hunted all over the state, hunted Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska, I have always dreamed of hunting/chasing Mulyes out west. In September/October of 2020 the conversation came up again between a friend of mind and I, sparking the interest again.

I jump on the good ole internet and start doing my research and calling guides. Boy is there a big difference hunting out west and what I am used to back in Texas ect. I start calling and emailing guides, and was blown away with the lack of response, care and just flat-out rudeness. If I got a response after sending an incredibly detailed email I would get “how can I help you” call back next year, were booked and so on.

Then the phone rings, I knew it was someone I had contacted, and I almost ignored the call, sure glade I didn’t!!! As I answer the phone, I get a VERY interject outgoing personality that says “so you want to come out west and chase Muleys” I respond with yes sir. What I get for the next 30-45 minutes maybe even long, was more information then I ever expected from someone that truly enjoys and has a passion for what he does. The call ends with look at your calendar ill look at mine and let’s chat in a few days and see what we can come up with. A few days, maybe a week goes by the ball is in my court. I make the call, no answer, send a text no response, and there goes the wind in my sails. A few more days goes by and I get a text. “very sorry I haven’t gotten back with you, I’m in an area where I get very little service and am with a client on a hunting trip, I do my VERY best to give my client 100% of my time when I take them out, ill call you in a few days, does X date and X time work for you?”

At X date and X time to the minute the phone rings, Bruce explained he was on a hunting trip, giving me all the details, once again I could see feel his passion. We nail down the dates of the trip and start the weekly/biweekly phone calls ironing out the details of when, were, what to expect, what not to except, what to bring, not to bring, meals, day to day activity and so on.

As the dates of my trip get closer and closer the call become more and more frequent. I started to fly out but then would have had to check my bows, hope they didn’t get damaged, lost or who knows what else, so I decided to drive. My plans were to drive halfway, rest for the night drive the rest of the way the next day getting to his camp on the afternoon on the date we discussed. Traveling when very well and I actually made the trip in one day of driving, putting me there a day early. I call Bruce and tell him where I am and that I had actually gotten there a day early and would see him first thing the next morning the morning of the day I was scheduled to arrive, not the after if that was ok. He tells me “no sir” come on into camp a day early. He helps me get things out of my truck and settled in, we sit around for a few minutes making small talk and he tells me how he wants to get up the next morning and do some more scouting, and the alarm will be going off about 5:30am. The next morning (the day I’m actually scheduled to arrive) the alarm goes off just as he said it would, coffee was made and ready with in just a few minutes then here comes the amazing homemade pastry his wife a made for us. We get dressed and walk out the door, and I jump in the passenger side of his side by side. I tells me, go get your bow, we might be scouting but you never know when the opportunity may come. I am thinking I’m not even scheduled to be here until this afternoon and we are starting the hunt basically a day early.

Over the next 7 days, our days were EXACTLY as he stated they would be, from breakfast to the days activity to what was for dinner. We saw deer 5 of the 7 days, the only 2 days we did not see deer were the 2 days it was raining. We, I passed on 2 or 3 stalks and I failed on 3. All in all, we would have had about 6 stalks on what turned out to be a 5-day hunt. What impressed me the most was his passion and positive outlook. On the last day of my hunt, we started a stalk at about 12:30, that last for almost 3 hours, putting us at about 3:30 in the afternoon. As I’m bent over trying to catch my breath, he hands me a bottle of water, says come on get in you can catch your breath while we go find another deer. This is the last few hours of the hunt, most would have just given up at this point, after 7 days of sunup to sundown giving it your all. Bruce did not give up for one minute.

Some of you might say, I know Bruce and he’s 70 years old, and that concerns or scares you, well it should!!!!! He is up before you, in bed after you, will out spot/glass you, out stalk you, look back and encourage you to come on. He is truly and amazing man, a great guide and a man of his word.

My only regret is that I did not met him 20 years ago. Do not drop names, don’t bring a tape measure, practice shooting off your backpack, leave your lead sled at home and he will put you on the deer, no question about it. Oh yeah do not try and book the 2nd or 3rd week of January with him, those are my weeks.

If you’re looking for a great hunt with a great guy look him up, give him a call.

Bruce SilverGrand Outfitters

Once again Bruce Thank you for an amazing trip see you soon.

Dustan D

I have never hunted with Bruce. I have never used a guide and never will. Nothing against it, its just not my thing. Many years ago, I was looking for information on an out of state hunt. Bruce told me to give him a call. The guy gave excellent advise without any expectation of getting my business. I know he has done the same for many others as well. A class act in a business that is rife with scoundrels. Your experience does not surprise me.

He is a great guy. I met him at the AZ hunter's ed class my son was taking. We chatted on and off all day and it was like talking with someone I had known for years- literally. If your gonna spend the time and money to hunt with a guide, he'll likely not only get you the opportunity, but you know your in good hands as well. Who wants to spend a week hunting with heel...

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom