Simmons Aetec?

B

banggravy

I am looking for a new rifle scope for my .30-06 and I was wonderin what your guys' opinion is of the Simmons Aetec 2.8-10x44. I hunt mule deer and need a good low-light scope. I think this scope looks good for me, what do you think? Any discussion of other scopes is appreciated, thanks.

banggravy, I personaly have never been around the Aetec model I noticed that it is Simmons high end model for around 179.00
I have had other Simmons models that came with the guns I bought. They are not known to be very durable, I really wouldn't have them mounted on anything other than maybe a .22
But one thing for sure and two things for certain for 179 bones
I would get a scope with a forever warranty such as Burris or leupold they bolth start out for about the same price as that Aetec. I just bought a leupold VX I 3X9 two weeks ago for 179.99 at Cal Ranch's weekend sale.

My two cents

I have 4 of them mounted on various rifles, 2-270's, 243, and on a 22-250 that lays in my truck and gets the hell knocked out of it!, never had a problem with none of them and would highly reccomend one, the only problem I have with them is that the duplex is a little heavy for long range varmit shooting, for the price they are a good scope....Greg

i have had a aetec on my 270 and 30-06, i have had great accuracy with it on both rifles, but it has terrible paralax, if your eye is not in the same exact spot, you will hit somewhere different.
Casey

Not to mention the parallax on the 2 Simmons I've watched the front ocular lense fall out of on the rifle range....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom