Sims vibration recoil pads

7mmULTRAMAG

does anyone have any opions on their recoil pads. i am thinking about putting one on my rifle ,do they work as good as advertised
thank you

YES. I put one on my 375 H&H and another on my 870 Super-Mag 3.5". I am pleased with the resulting comfort level.

I am going to try my recoil pad out this weekend on my new .338 and will tell you the results.

Justin

- Long-Range, The next best thing to being there !!!!

My Remington 700/300ultra mag, synthetic stock came with the recoil pad that you are thinking about purchasing. I am totally happy with it's performance. I have ordered one for my 30.06 Remington. I do also have a muzzle break on the 300, so in combination with th recoil pad I really enjoy shooting this gun. You won't be disappointed.
"SEMPER FIDELIS"

Went sighting guns for all seasons. Started with 22LR, 22Mag., 270, 50 cal. muzzleloader, and finally shotgun. Shot 4 boxes of rifled slugs in a wood-stocked 870 with regular pad yesterday, getting ready for a whitetail hunt. Oh My God, it hurts!!!!!!! Talk about black and blue shoulder. It really needs the new one before I shoot that much again. I believe it is one of the best improvements you can make to your gun.

I went and bought one for my wifes Browning Madalian 243. I know that she did not realy need it for her gun but thought that it might help out some. We did not go shotting this weekend, so I can not comment on how effective the Pad is. I can tell you that it was a breeze to install with no drilling required. It did not match up exactly with the rifle stock, it was close enough that I did not feel there was any reason to sand it down to mach the stock closer.

I put a Limbsaver pad on my 7mm mag. and couldn't believe the difference it made. With the factory pad, my shoulder was bruised after shooting a half-dozen 160gr. loads, but I shot 20 loads when I put the new pad on and had no soreness at all. The rifle still jumped almost off shooting stix,but there seemed to be no kick into my shoulder at all. I'm very impressed with it!

I went to the Shooting Range earlier today and let me tell you something....It made wonders of difference !

Now my .338 kicks like a .243 !!!!

Sims is an excellent company !

I have two sims pads on my guns. I think they work about as good as the pachymayer decellerator pad. The ones I put on are the pre-fit pads and they don't fit very well at all. I just put the new Hi-viz X-coil pad on my .338 this summer and I don't think there's a better pad on the market for reducing recoil. I took it to Africa and you'd swear you were shooting a .270 or something similar. Try the x-coil it smokes the sims or anything else.

MrBnF,
What kind of recoil pad was on your .338 before you put on the X-coil? Have you been able to make a direct comparison of the X-coil vs. Decelerator vs. Sims on the same gun? I'm in the process of having a Sims put om a 300 WSM, but will research the X-coil for the 12 gauge. Thanks for your input.

Doug/Red Rabbit

redrabbit:
Yes I have had a decelerator and sims on the same gun. One thing you will notice about the sims is it doesn't have the same "softness" if you will across the pad or on the edges. The way it is designed in the center is where it is most effective. That does not eliminate all felt recoil. The x-coil is much softer, infact if you lean the gun in a corner on the pads edge it will actually compress it is so soft. I think this pad will wear out sooner but it works much better. One thing I don't care for much about it, are the plugs to hide the screw holes. They can fall out, infact I lost one in Africa this year so I would probably glue them in. In my opinion there should never be a reason to port a barrel. A good pad and a PROPERLY fitted stock will go much further in reducing recoil.

Just put a decelerator on my .270. I'd say it cuts the recoil in half?not that there was that much to begin with. I'm going to put another pad on my .300 winny and take the break off. Maybe I'll look into the X-Coil.

By the way, from what I've read, the Decelerator and Sims have similar reduction percentages. It's tither or tather really.

WH

Hey guys,

Forgive me for being naive, but where's a place to get a good pad? I live in Utah, just up the road from Sportsman's Warehouse. Can I get any of the pads suggested there, or do I need to look elsewhere? Any advice that can point me in the right direction is greatly appreciated. I've never used a recoil pad, but wouldn't mind putting one on. Thanks in advance!

Noel

eyeguard,

I pick up a sims pad at Sportsman's Warehouse in Idaho Falls for about $25. I would think that the sportmsan's close to your house has them too.

I have been looking at the Sims for a new Tikka T3 Synthetic and I cant seem to find anywhere that it says that it fits this gun.

Also does anyone know of a site for the pachymayer decellerator pad?

I want something that fits the butt of the gun perfectly (if possible)

also do you fellas have any recomendations on slings? I had a leather sling for my last rifle but wouldnt mind something new. in black would be nice also

Thanks

i am using the new limbsaver on my 7mm rum.... much better than stock.... and remington is now using the limbsaver as standard pads on all their rums'. using 160gr nos with 96gr of retumbo works just fine.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom