SIMS

R

RLH

anyone have any experience with the SIMS kick pads? thinking about trying one. they are the outfit that makes all the vibration dampners for bows.

I have felt them but have never have shot with one. If you get one post the results for us cause I am interested also.

I put one on my Rem 700SS in 375 H&H a couple months ago. Made a wonderful difference in felt recoil off the bench, and 2nd shot recovery standing is much better. I don't think the change would be apparent (or necessary) for 30 cal. or under. They fit the Remington synthetic stocks great, and I will be puting one on my 870 SuperMag for 3 1/2 inch goose loads this Fall.

I have two of them on my rifles. They work well, however they did not fit my wood-stocked winchesters very well. I put the new Hi-Viz x coil pad on my .338 and it works great. I think it's better for recoil than any other pad I've tried yet.

I was thinking of putting one on my .338...actually, I bought the Sims recoil pad and everything...just need to get out and use it ! On the back of the box it looks like it takes off and Sim's claims 30% recoil dampening. hmm...

Well,

Browning Boss - 30% dampening
Sims recoil pad - 30 %

.338 - 29 lbs recoil

shooting a .243 recoiled .338 ! :O

Justin

- Long-Range, The next best thing to being there !!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom