sitka mountain gear

T

tbone30

has anybody bought or tried the sitka mountain gear system? give me some feedback. also, what is up with thier inventory? they hardly have any sizes in stock.

Tbone, check on bowsite.com there are plenty of reviews on that site and all of them are good , I'm thinking of buying some this year also.

Tbone,

Also, look in the "Hunting Gear" section here on Monstermuleys. There is a thread going there on Sitka Gear. You will not be disappointed when your new gear arrives...it's well worth the money and well worth the wait. They'll be shipping in June.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Corey

thanks for your help buglelk.
i found the "hunting gear" section after i posted here. i used the link you provided to check out the new catalog. there is a international sportsmens expo in salt lake city, utah in a couple of weeks. sitka is an exhibitor and i am planning on going and checking out the gear.
thanks again, todd

I have a set of Sitka gear that I picked up early last fall, I was a little skeptical due to the price tag on the whole unit but after hearing some good things I went for it.

Well I can honestly say that the suite exceeded all of my expectations. My first hunt wearing the suite was a late season Idaho elk hunt. It was only 12 degrees when we started hiking and I had every piece on. After about a mile of going I started shedding layers, and then after stopping for a while to glass they started coming back on. My only recommendation which I was given and I had on that day is a base layer of Under Armor. I never got cold that day and found the pocket systems on the suite to be very useful.

Later in the year I also wore the suite in a tree stand in MO, not what the suite is intended for but I am not an avid whitetail hunter and wore the clothes I had. It was cold never took off any layers but I stayed warm.

The layer system. Camo Pattern the Mothwing mountain pattern is one of the best and most versatile patterns that I have ever used. The pocket system, being able to access the inside layers without unzipping awesome. The vest, by far my favorite part of the suite, I have ordered one in a solid color because I like it so much. The Stocking cap, warm and comfortable.

Dislikes:

The Gloves, no good I have heard they changed them but the ones I got where no good. The base layer, OK but I think it is not close to comparable to Under Armor.

Overall:

My new favorite clothing to wear, the new rain suite is coming soon, and I think that I will be a long time Sitka customer; I would very Highly recommend it to any serious hunter who spends a lot of time hiking and hunting in harsh conditions..

ARROWHNTR

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom